Wifi network card

Blimey

@Simberia
I bought this TP-Link TL-WN781ND card for my PC, the first day it worked fine, second day I couldn't play any games online on Steam, next day games outside Steam didn't want to work online, now - days later even webpages don't want to load properly. Speedtest keeps showing under 1mbps, while other wireless devices go way over. Should I get a refund for this, since updating drivers and reinstalling everything hasn't helped?

If you do decide to refund it, I would recommend trying the Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I. Other than a couple of early issues with Windows 10, it's worked flawlessly for me.

If you do decide to refund it, I would recommend trying the Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I. Other than a couple of early issues with Windows 10, it's worked flawlessly for me.
I don't want to pay over ~35$, since my internet goes up to ~20mbps and I thought this card would work, it did for a day but now I get constant really high ping strikes, from 40-2500 ping.

drivers are all fine, non steam games ran fine online today, steam games still don't want to function online, in AC it kicks me out after 5 seconds of gameplay. In CSGO I have constant 500+ ping and 50+ % loss/choke.

drivers are all fine, non steam games ran fine online today, steam games still don't want to function online, in AC it kicks me out after 5 seconds of gameplay. In CSGO I have constant 500+ ping and 50+ % loss/choke.
That's really weird.
I wonder if it's something to do with Steam's anti cheat software?

Naw, my USB TP link is 2.4 and works fine with Steam. Have you disabled all other network adaptors?
Have you tried your original card again?
I didn't have a wifi card when I built the PC (I bought it later), I have an integrated one in the Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5, the problem with that is that the router is in a different part of the house and other residents don't want to move it and using an ethernet cable that's as long as almost 25 meters is not worth it. I don't understand why its not working as intended.
Also, the signal strength has dropped a lot, went from 80% to 44% and under on the 2nd day of use.

I didn't have a wifi card when I built the PC (I bought it later), I have an integrated one in the Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5, the problem with that is that the router is in a different part of the house and other residents don't want to move it and using an ethernet cable that's as long as almost 25 meters is not worth it. I don't understand why its not working as intended.
Also, the signal strength has dropped a lot, went from 80% to 44% and under on the 2nd day of use.
Are you able to reboot the router and is the card showing in the network settings?

I removed some safety options on my Norton Security (its really annoying), it doesn't let me change my windows firewall options, but removing whatever I could on Norton has got rid of the intense loss and ping, occasionally it has up to 10% loss, but choke% goes between 0-10% at all times, ping goes between 37-90 (should be constant 39-42, but is 50-60).

I removed some safety options on my Norton Security (its really annoying), it doesn't let me change my windows firewall options, but removing whatever I could on Norton has got rid of the intense loss and ping, occasionally it has up to 10% loss, but choke% goes between 0-10% at all times, ping goes between 37-90 (should be constant 39-42, but is 50-60).

To be honest, only computer noobs and old ladies use Norton. Fact.:rolleyes::D

firewall is not the problem, its the TP-Link card, it has to be.
Norton came with one of the parts and 90 days is for free, idc really. If Norton is not the problem I don't see a point in removing it right now.

hey,
i was also using TP-Link TL-WN781ND card along 192.168.11.1 IP and was having same issue and was looking what to do next. thank you all for your replies it helped me and i will also look forward to exchange my card.
best regards!!!

Last edited:
I used this TP-Link TL-WN781ND card for my PC, it runs better for the last few days but after that, I face the same problem. I using 192.168.11.1 which is one the most popular Ip address that can be used to access the settings of some routers like Netgear, Linksys, D-link VWr-VR, TP-Link, Cisco, Belkin, Digicom, Motorola and so on.

Thanks for your post, it's very useful to me and I also share it with my friends on social.

The problem can always be solved with VPN. I had some crazy bugs with kodi, even reinstalled it a couple of times, then tried free vpn for kodi just to test it and it worked. So try some free one, there are lots on the internet.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%