Skins Why are my textures doing this?

Currently modding a skin and I keep getting stretched textures:

xG3sbcF.png

When they're applied - a lot of stretching happens along these curves.

RisZOpc.png

Last edited:
The last image that I'm editing doesnt seem to change when in the show room despite been painted over? I'm looking at default skins for the car and its defaulting to carbon fibre. If it's defaulting to that, is that the issue?

There's so much wrong with that template it's to much to list here. It would take far to long.

What the car? and were to get it? Can be fixed up to a point but to what amount remains to be seen.

There's so much wrong with that template it's to much to list here. It would take far to long.

What the car? and were to get it? Can be fixed up to a point but to what amount remains to be seen.

Its RaceSimStudio's Formula Hybrid 2022 Car: https://racesimstudio.com/rss-formula-hybrid-x-2022

There are templates that come with the car however the texture I was working on just of the base. Currently using substance painter with it however I've checked the export settings and they give the areas that weren't edited a black space - implying transparency although when sent to Photoshop to save as a dds- sometimes this happens or the areas that were supposed to be left unaffected instead were changed.

Yeah Ok, Not going to buy a car I'll never use.
But with Substance painter it add the template as a layer. Turn it off before exporting so ypu only get the base color without the AO. Just use the original AO off the template.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.