Who can help me out with creating some custom compound for a tire?

Hello,

I am making/editing a car and got a tire for it.
But the compound is a too soft.
Is there anybody who been making custom tires files for rF2 before?
Was busy figuring it out on my own.
But since the last time i looked at it was since the rFactor 1 era.
My knowledge was a bit rusty and not so relevant anymore.
Hardly found time to figure this issue out on my own.

So if anybody is willing to help my out with this one, greatly appreciated.
Please p.m. me to hook up.

Sorry I can't help, but I will say: the Tire file for rF2 is exponentially more complex than rF1. Best of luck. There was a tire library that was created early in the S397 era. I have lost the link to that unfortunately.

For me this goes back to modders who for the large part dismissed rFactor2 out of hand from the beginning and sent it on a downward spiral because of it's differences to gmotor2.0

Down the rabbit hole :x3:
Good Luck.

I remember early days ISI stressing how much realtime testing was needed
for new tyres.

I had what I thought was bright spark, couldn't they have got users involved.

Allocated one iteration to each tester they wanted data for.
Users could have run say a 24-48 hour TGM cycle once a month and passed back data
to be analyzed.

Down the rabbit hole :x3:
Good Luck.

I remember early days ISI stressing how much realtime testing was needed
for new tyres.

I had what I thought was bright spark, couldn't they have got users involved.

Allocated one iteration to each tester they wanted data for.
Users could have run say a 24-48 hour TGM cycle once a month and passed back data
to be analyzed.
Well most mod there tyres are way off.i have looked in the tyres of this mod he wanted to adjust.

They have nearly the same grip to wear profile as the by kolles lmp car.

Also the tyre at 0% wear is 96 % grip
Tire at 3.2% wear is 100 % grip
After 50% wear its about 96% grip and the lowest point of grip is at 100% wear a wopping 87 % grip
JacFYI.png

You dont need to be a tyre expert to know thats not right

A example of a tyre wear vs grip profile from rf1 one of the "vanilla" cars
cajVP6.jpg

That looks more real to me than how the tyre profile/diagram is from the f2 2020 mod

Last edited:
Also the tyre at 0% wear is 96 % grip
Tire at 3.2% wear is 100 % grip
After 50% wear its about 96% grip and the lowest point of grip is at 100% wear a wopping 87 % grip

You dont need to be a tyre expert to know thats not right
I can think of a few reasons a modder would make the grip vs wear like that. The 96% grip at 0 wear could be an attempt to simulate using unscuffed tires, where the mold release has not been worn off. At the other end, since rF2 doesn't let you have tire blow outs, a low grip FORCES the driver to make a pit stop. Original rF allowed leaking tires and tire blowouts.

I can think of a few reasons a modder would make the grip vs wear like that. The 96% grip at 0 wear could be an attempt to simulate using unscuffed tires, where the mold release has not been worn off. At the other end, since rF2 doesn't let you have tire blow outs, a low grip FORCES the driver to make a pit stop. Original rF allowed leaking tires and tire blowouts.
There is no need to do this this way and is far from real.... but you cant look the vanilla or premium dlc of rf2 how they have done there tyres.. thats a shame really.

Last edited:
I will experiment with it soon.
i am cleaning up or adjust how every you like to call it a mod.. the tyres also have some what simulair wear to grip profile as the f2 2020 car haves (and many more btw)
I found out reasonly (before this topic, so it was something allready on the table so to speak)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back