• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Which of these young drivers would you like to see in F1 in the coming years?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by FergalVET, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Mitch Evans

16.7%
  2. Pierre Gasly

8.3%
  3. Sergey Sirotkin

8.3%
  4. Rio Haryanto

16.7%
  5. Alex Lynn

16.7%
  6. Dean Stoneman

33.3%
  1. FergalVET

FergalVET

Ratings:
    +3
    Which of these young drivers would you like to see in F1 in the coming years?

2. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,511
    Surely the vote should be A LOT bigger

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. the_sigman

the_sigman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I put mine (as I disagree deeply with the poll choices): Ellinas, Vandoorne, Ocon, Ghiotto, Rosenqvist, Leclerc, Wehrlein, Rowland.

About Ellinas: Yes, he is almost my compatriot. But he has gone so well, everywhere. In 2013, in GP3, he was taken out two times from P1, in Spa Race 2 and Monza Race 1 and lost P2 (or P1 even).

About Vandoorne: His single seater career is simply stunning.

About Ocon: He beat Verstappen with ease in F3 to take the title and this year his consistency (even with reverse grid) was amazing.

About Ghiotto: My surprise of 2015, nearly lost out on the GP3 title. Very fast and consistent, despite not being in a top team.

About Rosenqvist: 27 podiums, 14 wins in 34 races this year.

About Leclerc: P4 in his second year in single seaters in 17 years of age, not bad at all. Definitely really talented.

About Wehrlein: He has had good teachers and was really good this season in DTM, handling the pressure really well. He can do really well in case he reaches F1.

About Rowland: A really good season in FR3.5 this year, let's hope he keeps it up.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jeff

Jeff
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    none of the poll really. I agree more with Manolis as my list would be this:

Vandoorne
    Ocon
    Ghiotto
    Wherlein
    Leclerc

In that order. Rosenqvist is to old and has been racing F3 since 2010 so i dont think he's talented enough.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016