F1 2012 Which is a better racing wheel ?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I bought the Ferrari GT because I needed a cheap wheel and it's okay. The pedals are rubbish because there is so much dead zone in the throttle, and there is a bit of deadzone in the wheel but it's okay for now.

Can i get something for a "fappy gear shifter" ?

EDIT
Should i wait for a few months and get this
http://www.flipkart.com/logitech-driving-force-gt/p/itmdyfyfya8b4a6k
http://www.granturgismo.com/buypaddles.html

I have both of those products. I used the DFGT for around 12 months, then added the paddles for the following 6 months or so.. The GranTurgismo paddles make such a difference to this wheel, a big improvement.

I use a G27 now, but the DFGT is still a good quality wheel, for a reasonable price. It's a shame they never fitted paddles during manufacture, then the wheel would be have been even more of hit with gamers.

As much as I like my G27, I do miss all those lovely buttons and having the DPAD on the wheel as the DFGT does.

I suggest you don't buy that flappy paddle mod, waste of money IMO.

You're using it as an F1 wheel, and you don't really let go of it when turning (That's if your steering lock is :inlove:00 degrees) and that you are only going to firmly plant your hands on those positions

Well the only time where you use a high degree of lock are at hairpins and similar types of corners. You should already be in the correct gear, and generally not changing gears mid-corner. Once you start re-applying power the paddles are not out of range of your fingers.

I certainty never had 'reach' problems with the paddles, You adopt anyway, even if it is a problem for you, by holding lock with one hand and changing gear with the other.

If you get the chance try GSC 2012 using their Formula Classic cars, and the sequential shifter on the DFGT, it's great fun and you are driving with one hand a lot of the time. :)

'Ya know, if the G27 still had this sequential shifter, I'd be using it for drifting.

Hence the DFGT attracted me for that, but it's... it's... inferior. (I had the money to buy a G27)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 6.0%