1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Which 970 to get?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by jimortality, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Budget £260 ish but they all look the same albeit some have more boost speed. I recognise all the brands but deciding is another matter.

2. I have the MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB.

Check out the review here - http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_970_Gaming/

Quite happy with it. Runs with a higher base clock speed. Note: Power delivery requires one 8-pin and one 6-pin PCI-Express power connector.

3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

One 8 and one 6 pin is what my current 770 uses I think.

4. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I
    Is that the twin frozr?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Thanks guys. I'm thinking msi because that comes with the same connection as my 770 but yeah all those other makes are good too.

7. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Same as me Mr Coin, very happy with it. You can't go wrong really Jim. All quality cards, I had ASUS before that's the reason I stuck with the Strix, I am happy OC'ing it and the 660Ti I had was bullet proof. Same can't be said of my T300RS which has died :( after 2 weeks.

8. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Told you to get the tx, mine is a year old next week.

9. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

How important is having a back plate with these cards?

10. NeverKrash

NeverKrash
    CTDP, URD, ORC, VS, Professional Sound Designer Premium Member

I hope you will find the first response to the question in this link useful: here
    Aesthetics is certainly a factor, though minimising dust collection is also another point to add on top of the contents that person has written. Points 2,3, and 4 from that link don't really apply to a big extent in a straight fight between the good brands of the GTX 970, as Calum listed, such as MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA and ASUS, as the printed circuit boards are thicker, and their fans are all good for cooling.

I've owned the MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr since release and I couldn't be happier with the price and incredible performance, the fans are very quiet even when pushed quite hard. It truly has become a class-leading brand for the NVIDIA line of products. Aria.co.uk (I've purchased happily from there before) are selling this MSI GTX 970 card under your budget at the present time. It could be worth a look if you are interested.

11. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Thanks again, I've ordered the MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G.

12. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

I was going to say Jim before you ordered it check the dimensions, I had to get a new case as well to fit the bad boy in.

13. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Should be the same as my 770 according to nvidia.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Good stuff Jim. Have fun playing with all your settings again. ;) It is a most pleasant way to spend a few hours.

15. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

At least it doesn't affect force feedback lol

• Haha Haha x 1