1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to start...

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Jamie Cocks, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Jamie Cocks

Jamie Cocks
    WARNING: Nutcase approaching!

So I reckon it would be great to get myself a racing wheel. Problem is, I simply don't know what I'm looking for. I don't know a thing when it comes to this kind of hardware.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking at a low budget - I've heard G27 mentioned one or two times, but what are your thoughts?
  2. PaulH

Premium Member

You need the resident wheel guru @Blkout to give you advice :thumbsup:
    I have a Fanatec GT3 and a Thrustmaster TX, the TX is a fantastic wheel and they are both belt driven so means they are much quieter that the G27(gear driven).
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Jamie Cocks

Jamie Cocks

Cheers mate, I'll keep an eye out for Blkout :)
  4. What's your budget?
  5. Jamie Cocks

Jamie Cocks

I would say $400- $500 to be absolute max, but that's pushing it and would prefer something quite lower. Of course it will depend on what the wheels/pedals are like (quality wise).
  6. @Jamie Cocks

Do you need an H-shifter or does that matter?
  7. Jamie Cocks

Jamie Cocks

8. My recommendation:

The G27 would give you a complete package for around $200-250, H-shifter included and 3 pedal set however, in my opinion, the FFB is not nearly as good as the current generation of Thrustmaster products and the H-shifter feels pretty cheap and sloppy. The wheel also makes quite a bit of noise due to the design. The Thrustmaster wheels are belt driven which means they're much smoother and quieter, as well having more FFB strength.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Jamie Cocks

Jamie Cocks

Cheers for that @Blkout. Will probably just start off with the wheel and two pedals and see how we go from there. Cheers for your help o/
  10. Thrustmaster TX for a first wheel - You won't be disappointed :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1