Where did all the 'Mini Friday' guys go?

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
I used to race Mini Fridays (and other club events) at the start of 2010 with a great bunch of guys. We'd all sit in TS together and chat through the race.

This last race there were only two of us in TS and I'm pretty sure only two or three of the drivers were ones I knew from before my enforced 'break'.

Any idea where all the old Mini-Friday crew went? :confused:

another thing is there was at some point in the past, several members from that group were banned. Not exactly sure when that occured so don;t quote me on it but there was a big problem at one point.

And yes, Leagues are running and that will reduce Club racing attnedance

Hmm.. guess I'd better try out some different cars and find some sort of beginners' league to race in then. I expect all the leagues are already running anyway, and I proved this week that I can't drive a GT-Pro car to save my life *grins* so this Friday's race is out.

I'l start poking around the leagues, but nobody else seems to be as bad at this as I am. *grins*

Miss the old Friday crew - good times, and quite laid back :)

Eric is right Connor - it all went a bit awry after some admin started to get abuse for doing their job properly - it was a shame because they people your talking about did bring a lot to RD, however from what I saw of it, a kind of 'pack' mentality took over - admins polite and repeated requests were not only totally ignored, but were treated as an excuse to attack admins personally - even requests from fellow members who could see where it was all leading to, got ignored - with the end result being bans for all concerned.... A shame because they did bring a lot to RD, however RD is run by a bunch of people who put a hell of a lot of work in for often very little thanks, and it is run for the benefit of the majority of members rather than the 'elite' few - so although it was sad to loose some members, it was fair and reasonable.. I just wish those banned had seen fit to see the errors of their ways, hold their hands up, apologise and move forward rather than simply slagging Staff off just for doing their (sometimes dirty) jobs...

Hmmm, I would be keen to get involved with the mini's (seeing as I suck at everything else!) :) However the biggest issue for me is the timing of events......alot of the "club" events are held mid-week but your 7.00pm (say Monday) ends up being my 8.00am the next morning (Tuesday) on most occasions I can make events (seeing that i work night-shift) however if overtime etc comes into the equation 8.00am is just a tad awkward due to random sleeping patterns.

Your Thursday nights would suit me best (as I get Friday off - so lack of sleep doesnt effect things so much!

I've been somewhat out of the loop as far as RD goes lately - due to a number of things, however I'm hoping to get more active again.
Chris

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Forum trophies