1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

When will Circuit Zolder be ready?

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Bram, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

This track has been announced a long time ago and one of the tracks I am really looking forward to. Any news about it's release?

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Pfff, they have the data for over a year know if I am correct? Oh well, back into patience mode then :) Thanks Dario :)

3. Saw this thread today and a post within it from iRacing staff Tony Gardner:

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1815750.page

4. I hope they where there before Jan 2010?
    Otherwise you guys are driving on appartments. :p

5. I wish they would do tracks like Monza, Melbourne, Singapore, and boy could I go on and on... Anything F1 drives on I'm there for sure but they keep doing these out in the woods, middle of nowhere tracks like Langley for crying out loud...

6. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

You'll be able to drift past family's watching V8 Super Cars on Tv. :wink:

7. yes they have,
    http://www.virtualr.net/iracing-com-oran-park-zolder-coming-in-2010/
    "The track will be demolished in 2010 to make room for housing estate, the iRacing staff has already laser-scanned the track last month, conserving a piece of motorsport history."

Posted on December 1st, 2009

8. Not that I'm a fan of Langley, but it's hardly in the middle of nowhere. You have to go to Mid-Ohio or Martinsville for that :).

9. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

And those tracks tend to be the best :)

10. +1

I REALLY love these "club" tracks :)

The "Full technological and top of the line with many run-offs" tracks are just boring to me...

11. lol I didn't really mean middle or nowhere. However some of these short tracks they are adding are pretty much the same as some that are already in iRacing other than the name and what is around them such as the stands. Don't get me wrong I like short track races myself too but geez there have been other tracks in the pipeline for a long time now.. hehehe

12. I don't quite understand why they do scan new ovals all the time. I understand it's a big thing in America and many people enjoy it, but all ovals are... you know, oval. Pretty much the same all the time, aren't they? :D All right, I'm exagerrating slightly, but seriously, is it so big difference? I have zero experience on ovals so it's a mystery to me.

13. For the oval fans, even slight differences in the tracks create setup (mostly) and racing challenges that keep them apart. While there are certainly near-twins (California and Michigan, Texas and Las Vegas) even they have variations, and while Bristol and Martinsville are both 1/2 mile short tracks, they are as different as Spa is to Monaco.
    It may be that the short tracks are relatively easy to model, so they can get the track count up without as much effort.

Personally, I'd like to see: Zolder, Miller, Interlagos (apparently they tried and ran into issues getting the equipment into the country), Lausitz, Dijon-Prenois, Aragon (yes, a Tilke track, and I usually despise them), and - just for kicks - Nelson Ledges.