Wheel "vehicle set" parameter

Hi all
can you help me ? how does that parameter work ?
It seems to me that I cannot make my wheel reacting faster, it seems I always have to turn it much to make a corner, so it is not as reactive ... should I change which parameter in "controls" to have the wheels turning faster ?
I have steering sensitivity at 100
I have fanatec csw 2.5

Last edited:
To speed up initial turn-in, Increase the sensitivity to over 100. Watch the curve change from two angled lines to more of a shape that resembles the top of a valentine's heart image. If you move the slider below 100% then the curves flatten and response time slows. Don't confuse this with the speed sensitivity which deadens steering inputs for tracks like superspeedways. Also don't go crazy adjusting over 100% , try a little at a time. For every improvement at the initial rotation, you lose the same % near the end of your wheel travel.(reverse is true for under 100%....the further you turn, the greater the rotation)
{I think the new UI changed the term Linear to Sensitivity and also changed the range, this often confused iRacers who would move the linear setting to 100% which was full right. Not good. Linearity, or Sensitivity, should be as close to center as is comfortable to your style of driving, the new UI uses 100% as the midpoint now. }
Wheel 'Vehicle Set' is to set the steering lock. For TM wheels, we set our TM control panel to 900° and then the vehicle set function assigns the correct steering lock for most vehicles. for instance, my GT3 cars usually have 540° of lock to lock travel. If you uncheck Vehicle Set, you will have to set that range manually for each car.

Last edited:
If you would like to run fewer degrees of rotation and retain linearity, uncheck vehicle set and reduce the value for degrees of rotation. Note, this will not show any difference in the controller settings page, you will need to leave the garage and enter the track to test this.

If this does not work, it's possible that one of the settings in controller.ini is incorrect. I don't remember which one - it could be the one called "Use rotation from driver" or similar. Don'tquote me on this though, you should do an internet search. I believe that there is a guide to this on S397 forums and I would recommend starting there.

If you have a direct drive wheel, some people advise setting maximum degrees of rotation in controller.ini to 1440. This works for me, but it's only for DD whells I believe.

Hope this helps. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea