Cars Wheel bug while using 3DS max

Hi guys, so i'm really new to modding car on assetto corsa, i've recently started using 3ds Max and i've encountered a big issue with it, every time i import a car and export it using 3ds max it break the wheels and make the car invisible !!

like i'm not even editing it, i'm just importing the fbx file inside the software and directly exporting it into another fbx it break the entier car

Here is a video of simply me exporting the car and having issue with 3ds max :

Like idk what i'm doing wrong i'm litterally just trying to import and export, i'm not even editing the damn car and it's not working
if someone have a fix for me it would be awesome, thanks in advance

Attachments

• image_2023-01-06_020908416.png
    image_2023-01-06_020908416.png
    603.9 KB · Views: 30
It looks like it's scaling the car up by 100x in your import/export (can't tell which) so when you go ingame, the tires get put back to the correct scale but everything else is invisible cause it's offscreen.

It looks like it's scaling the car up by 100x in your import/export (can't tell which) so when you go ingame, the tires get put back to the correct scale but everything else is invisible cause it's offscreen.
ohhh okay ! i'm going to look at it ! thank you very much mate !

The SDK pipeline document explains units well, highly recommend you read it.

First and foremost… 3ds Max should be set to the scale of 1 unit = 1 meter

Then when you import an object, pay attention to what it says in the FBX import window… it will say if the object coming in is scaled in centimeters or meters, change the import setting to match.

When exporting, make sure the export window is set to meters with 1.0 scale.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.