• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Wheel advice please...

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Ade067, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Ade067

Ade067
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys I've currently got a Thrustmaster TMX with the 3 pedal T3PA pedal set as an add on but I know for a T500RS wheel thats for sale for around £200, it doesn't come with any pedals but thats no big deal to me as like I said I've already got pedals, what I'd like to ask is the T500 that much better than what I have and also is £200 a decent price for just the wheel on its own?? I got the tmx as its also compatible with xbox one but to be honest I hardly use it for xbox so that's not an issue either i just dont want to shell out £200 if its not going to perform much better.

2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,606
    Not a personal experience, but I've always seen T500 described as stronger and faster, but less smooth and less detailed than the T300/TX (due to it using a brushed motor compared to the brushless one in T300/TX).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +2,982
    Yes the T500 is a step up indeed. And Martin is right. The T500 is stronger in FFB output compared to the T300. :thumbsup: