• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

What's a good racing seat?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Mohamedou Ari, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium

Ratings:
    +602
    I'm focused on my exams coming up on the 10 April, and, if I pass this exam, my father will buy me a Logitech G27 and a racing seat.

I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Exp wheel, which I have learned to deal with its limits. But, my bottom is quite uncomfortable sitting for long periods of time.

2. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96

Ratings:
    +134
    Well, I have an rSeat EVO v3, which I love. It has no centre pole, so your legs are free to move (especially good when using clutch) and it is also extremely stable. It also is very adjustable and is pre-drilled for Logitech, Fanatec and Thrustmaster wheels, pedals and shifters so it has some flexibility if you we're to upgrade in the future (a big selling point IMHO).

Only negative I can think of is that some people complain about the bottom cushion being a little thin and uncomfortable, however whilst I can feel that it's a little thin, I personally don't find it to be a problem. In saying that, I don't ever spend more than 1-2 hours at once, so maybe it's something that becomes apparent with longer stints. Still, I would highly recommend it :)

3. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris

Ratings:
    +148
    I've been lookin around at those various racingseatsites
    if u want to take a look for yourself, here's the whole list:
    http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=239878

but after going through all of this
    I think the gtomega pro offers the best bang for your buck
    and it looks good as well!
    hope u find what u're lookin for

4. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,274
    I have a Obutto V2 Simracing :)

(Just before the new Evolution one that came out not too long ago)