What Pedal Baseplate?

It looks like I am going to accomplish the goals I set for the season and wanted to buy myself a reward of a new pedal set. I have been using Fanatec CSL with the Load Cell kit. I kind of broke them and while my fix has held up, I have been thinking of new pedals ever since. They are not quite as smooth as they once were and I would love to have a stiffer throttle pedal and a bit stiffer brake then the CSLs. Anyways, I think I have decided on the HE Sprints 3 pedal set but the base plate does not seem super impressive and is not exactly cheap which has me wondering if other options may be better.

I have a SimLabs P1-X without the additional pedal tray. I'm wondering if maybe the pedal tray from SimLabs would be a good option or if I even need it. I did you see can just buy the bolts to mount sprint pedals from SimLabs pretty cheap. So maybe I can just mount them on the back section of 40x120 and then use the front 40x80 piece as my heal rest. Not sure that would really fit that well and my heal may get caught up on the lip of the profile.

I also saw the baseplate for the Meca Cup 1s looked really thick, solid/impressive. Maybe that is the best option and I could still use it with the HE Sprints.

Part of what I am looking for is something very solid that won't flex but also allow some flexibility to mount each pedal where I want it. I don't really care too much about overall size since space is not really and issue on the P1-X. May consider trying inverted at some point too but I am guessing if I do that, no pedal tray would work.

I think I would like to try to add some transducers to the pedals at some point to. Seems like some people mount them to the pedal trays, but not really sure what I should be aware of there and if isolation is needed.

What do you guys recommend for a pedal plate. Just stick with HE, or give something else a shot?

Last edited:
I recently bought a sprint 2 pedal set with the pedal try. The quality of the tray is top notch however I found it a bit difficult to make changes and mount it on my profile so I ended up removing the pedal deck and mounting them directly to aluminum extrusion. I also decided to invert them and made my own rumble mod for them. I am extremely happy with how it turned out. I have attached an image for reference.

Attachments

• Rig_mount_1.jpg
    Rig_mount_1.jpg
    664 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0
Some interesting info to tactile here:

I personally would also ( probably will also) mount the sprints directly to the profile.

Clutch and brake will get a 5mm aluminium mounting plate so that they slide a few cm´s to the side.
I have a busted knee and need a straight "force vector" from the hip to the brake pedal when left foot braking.

On the other hand sometimes I like to drive stick and slide the pedals over for Heel`n`Toe.
With the pedals grouped on that plate I can get away with loosening two or four bolts for sliding them in position, in the normal configuration i had to loosen eight bolts and they would probably rotate and stick.

So yeah, another vote for directly to the profile, if need´s be fabricate a heel plate from plywood.
Later on you can isolate and vibrate it.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
I personally would also ( probably will also) mount the sprints directly to the profile.

Clutch and brake will get a 5mm aluminium mounting plate so that they slide a few cm´s to the side.
I have a busted knee and need a straight "force vector" from the hip to the brake pedal when left foot braking.

What your describing reminds me of what @RCHeliguy did on his rig. I know he used plates to allow moving of pedals more easily for different games. It has gone through many iterations and I would highly recommend checking out his awesome rig thread found here. Looking at his thread is what inspired me to mount my sprints directly to profile inverted. Here is a picture of his pedals in early iteration.

RCHeliguy Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit

Attachments

• ThrottlePlate_4409.jpg
    ThrottlePlate_4409.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0
sniff sniff, brings back memories.. My pedals were just babies back then..

That's also before the quick release skewers so I could very quickly go from 2 to 3 pedal operation and back again.

Here they are all grown up :)
Pedals_5982.jpg

Upvote 0
It's really neat to see the vast evolution of your rig. Not to mention it provides lots of great ideas for those of us who are relatively new on our aluminum chassis adventures. Thanks again for sharing!

Upvote 0
It's really neat to see the vast evolution of your rig. Not to mention it provides lots of great ideas for those of us who are relatively new on our aluminum chassis adventures. Thanks again for sharing!

I love designing things and showing off my work, so it's a win:win.

I hate to say it, but I'm still not done yet.

hrsims.com recently introduced these aluminum pedal faces and I think I'm going to see if I like them. I've asked to be notified when their next batch is ready. No designing here, just pure bling. Some people like these for barefoot siming but I use shoes, So I don't need them. To be fair I've only seen a couple people with them so far. They've only sold out of their first production run.

1614822748391.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Trophies