What have they done to the DTM 92 physics?

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Well, I can no longer hold my tongue.
Once Upon a Time, these cars were my favourites. My God sector 3 what have you done.

Force Feedback is terrible you no brake lockup feel whatsoever in some cars. You have no clue if the tires are locking up at all unless crew chief tells you. And in the effort of trying to get any sensation from the brakes, you will only be messing up other feedback sensations.
It's not all bad but this sensation to me is an extremely big requirement. And this is just one particular problem there are many more which I'm sure you know. I suppose overall the Force Feedback is slightly better in some areas but unfortunately, the loss in others is greater. But enough about the Force Feedback on trying to keep this short.

The physics is diabolical one little touch in the gravel and you can lose 2 seconds just like that not anywhere near realistic in my opinion. One little touch on a high curb will send you spinning and there's very little you can do about it in the car setup settings it is constantly there very little you can do in the way of any alterations in the setup to compensate. If there's any you'll be slower.
To make the car in anyway stabler you will be considerably slower. Of course, this is always been so but nowhere near as much as it is now.

As far as I'm concerned they have removed from some car setup adjustments like a fast rebound, power, and coast. Take the BMW in this classic cars, for instance, has no coast or power anymore why? when other cars in this class do. To me, it is yet another unfinished update.

And speaking of updates my goodness if I was partially blind I can understand the UI being so bloody big what a waste of real estate.
The front and rear should be on one page I don't need a big picture of my car that I'm driving so I don't see the point in that.
I'd rather see the front and rear on the same page so I can quickly see the difference between the front and rear instead of clicking on bloody tabs.

I may have said it before the UI looked a little bit simcady it certainly does now. In a word, awful. To be honest, I think all of what is displayed on tabs could be shown on one page there is no need for it to be this big this does not do the viewer any favourites whatsoever having so much nonsense within the interface pictures of cars pictures of bonnet emblems what's the bloody point of that except wasting room for things now you have to go to other pages to see. It's a clickfest.

Why have they added on some cars in some classes two compounds of tyres for the leaderboard what's that all about? But honestly what's the point of using tyre pressures if you haven't got the use of tyre temperatures. What's the point of having tyre pressures if you can't see what it's doing to the temperature senseless and pointless. I guess there must be some kind of sense behind it. I just don't seem it I guess.

Speaking of changing it. I've hardly ever heard of any complaints about the Force Feedback and the physics was ok not too much to complain about there well up until this point.
It seems to me everything it's been playing about or mentioned in discussion for improvement has been ignored and everything is been not up for discussion or complain about has been altered. Bizarre.

This is my opinion in what they have done wrong which I'm afraid outweighs any good they have done buy a long way. So much so it's hardly worth mentioning anything any good they have done.

As I say a lot of senseless alterations and in my opinion, and not for the better.

On a scale of 1 to 10.
I give it a 3.75 A bit of a bodge job and an incomplete one at that.

Probably should have given this post a bigger font you know for the benefit of the blind. And just in case that guy who designed the UI can see what I'm saying.

But hey the important thing we get those cars and tracks updates.
Maybe they should do some more car and track updates a lot more that way they will have enough money to finish doing something.

I'm only saying this because it is my opinion that my favourite cars are nowhere near what they were. Every car I have driven from every virtual update this year is just horrendous the back-end has no grip the brakes have no feel just terrible.

PS:
Ross this post is probably (most likely) in the wrong place. If so please put it where you think is best. Thank you.:)

Last edited:
I must admit I did not like the feel of the cars at first but since I've read the posts from @RasmusP and @Alex Hodgkinson and others which helped a lot get more of the feeling that I'm looking for and much more importantly needed. Thanks very much by the way guys. And I mean needed because without a very good Force Feedback setting set up a car is difficult. You need those Force Feedback settings to be the best you can get them. For the Force Feedback as it is now this is more important than ever to get this right.
Don't expect to get the same sensation as before as you will not get it. A whole new kettle of fish.

Last edited:
One of the problems by assessing tire models/physics is that you(r brain) after a while get used to it.
So the first and fresh impression after a physics up/dwngrade is always the most autentic.;)
Because your brain-body coordination can still remember the former car behaviour(= former tire models/physics).

My own example was that I after about 4 years as iRacing member - where I hated their TM but got accustomed to its weird behaviour.
Then I was invited to a brazilian organised 2.4H LeMans race in the GTP mod for NR2003.
Historics: The code behind the orig iRacing TM/physics was NR2003.:cool:
I used a lot of days practicing and tweaking setups - to finally get a reasonable result on a rather international grid.:whistling:

Now to my point!
When I the day after returned to my favorite iRacings Lotus79 I couldnt believe how bad and sluggish it behaved after the days with the much more nimble and "fresh" GTP Sauber car.:poop:
But after a day or two I got again accustomed to iRacings TM/physics - and my brain got (again) fooled to believe that this was the way a car had to behave on a (virtual) track.:roflmao:

Hi All, a question regarding this class and ABS. Does this class of car have ABS? I tend to leave my in game brake assist setting at ‘Factory ABS’ so if the car has ABS it’s on and if not, it’s off. For some reason I thought 92 DTM didn’t have ABS, but it shows as ON when driving.

All of the DTM cars in 1992 had ABS systems available, and while not always fitted (smaller teams couldn't afford the latest tech for example) we decided to make it our standard in view of equality. A small bit of trivia is that the Mustang used the same brake system as the 190 Mercedes, as noted by the braked by Mercedes sticker on it's rear end.

It's worth mentioning a general rule to consider here; braking systems intended to be used with ABS are designed differently from the outset, and that's simulated in RaceRoom. If designed for use with ABS, the braking system will be much more sensitive and hard to modulate when you turn the ABS off compared to a none-ABS set up.

All of the DTM cars in 1992 had ABS systems available, and while not always fitted (smaller teams couldn't afford the latest tech for example) we decided to make it our standard in view of equality. A small bit of trivia is that the Mustang used the same brake system as the 190 Mercedes, as noted by the braked by Mercedes sticker on it's rear end.

It's worth mentioning a general rule to consider here; braking systems intended to be used with ABS are designed differently from the outset, and that's simulated in RaceRoom. If designed for use with ABS, the braking system will be much more sensitive and hard to modulate when you turn the ABS off compared to a none-ABS set up.

This might explain why the braking for the Silhouettes is messed up since ABS was removed In the last update. Are there plans to adjust this?

I tried R3E early 2017 and did not like it at all. After December update and free weekend I got all content. The DTM92:s is now one of my favorite cars. I have not run these before the update but my experience is the oposit.

The FFB are on pair with the better sims (it took a while to tune my DD in RE3), rear unsettles nice under hard braking and you can use throttle/brake mid corner to control the car. Add improved visual and physical damage handling. Would rate the DTM92 (driven mostly the Merc) an 8-9/10.

How the cars handles over gravel/curbs are in general great and believable (that was realy bad 2017 if my memory is correct). One negative thing is that in certain scenarios the cars (not only the dtm) can flip, but think there was a fix mention in latest update but not sure if that was car specific or generic.

I don't remember the old setup screen but like the new ones, easy to see changes from saved and find other setups, visual nice and functional tab/setting ratio.

I hope Sector3 continue updating the content and keep mimic settings of the real cars.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea