What are you listening to?

I was so surprised when I randomly stumbled over this:

The first 27 seconds was edited and merged together with the part that starts on 1:31, just to quickly fade out in some intro video from a early 90's Norwegian VHS Racing Magazine I have. I extracted that bit out, and made and RD Club Racing teaser a while ago:

I never got any sort of content match or anything though, so I kinda expected it to be something that was cooked up on the down-low between TV Media and the ones that did those English reviews of all kind of motorsports in the 80's and 90's (that is now owned by Duke). Fast forward almost 2 years, and I randomly stumbled over the original. Mind. Blown.
Then I learned the song was used for 4 years in the "through the grid" stuff on the Indy500 broadcasts! :p

Anyway. Finding the orignal... have made me listen to it approx 10 times the last two days.

Last edited:
oh yeah... I forgot...
As a child, when the TV channel began broadcasting F1... it played very specific music... I think many children in my country knew rock just because of this song:

Starting the F1 broadcast with THAT song was better than the current FOM introduction (the current one that shows the drivers) (many children shook their heads to the rhythm of that music)
:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 167 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 111 44.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 117 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 43 17.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 28.0%
Back