What about leagues ?

Hi,

I am racing with you guys since 3/4 month, RD is the only place I have ( I'm a faithful guy :p ).

I did some Social events and GT3 events and now want to go a step forward. So I was wondering if a league will start in 2018 ?
Well Slim since I'm new to online sim racing period (started in March 2017) I don't feel good enough about doing a league, but who knows. Maybe one day I'll be able to take it on. Just give me and the AC Staff a little more time and we'll see if we think we can tackle this.

Just seen this thread. I would love to participate in a league but then because mainly aliens enter leagues, chicken out. Thing is I know its hard work maintaining a league and staff may not have the time.
Maybe one day.

I'd be up for it as well. With the right car and the right track pool it would be a no brainer. Also like the idea of @Giovaneveterano. Having teammates means that there will be collaboration between drivers and the quality should increase even more, giving the less experienced drivers an opportunity to learn. I won't say that i'd be up to organize (more like an external consultant rather than organizer) it, but if you also need someone that checks incidents, define rules etc. i can help ;).

Edit: @Giovaneveterano when you sign up for a club event, just ask in the thread if anyone is up for practice. There are usually 3-4 experienced guys that are ready to help, even just with some advices (for example the ST@road atlanta).

Last edited:
As ex club races organizer I have to say that the main reason that makes staff members reluctant to organize a league with Assetto Corsa is its bizarre track cuts penalty system.
With it enabled to handle the track cuts the racing experience is quite frustrating with just an off-track ruining a race, with an high risk to cause massive incidents forcing the drivers to slowdown at 35 km/h in the track.
With it disabled, as it has been used so far in the previous leagues, the organizers need check the replay of the race for all the drivers in order to santions track abuses after the race. This means a huge ammount of time to dedicate.
The third option is the nice PLP app, but it's necessary that all the drivers use it.

As ex club races organizer I have to say that the main reason that makes staff members reluctant to organize a league with Assetto Corsa is its bizarre track cuts penalty system.
With it enabled to handle the track cuts the racing experience is quite frustrating with just an off-track ruining a race, with an high risk to cause massive incidents forcing the drivers to slowdown at 35 km/h in the track.
With it disabled, as it has been used so far in the previous leagues, the organizers need check the replay of the race for all the drivers in order to santions track abuses after the race. This means a huge ammount of time to dedicate.
The third option is the nice PLP app, but it's necessary that all the drivers use it.
There's the no cut mod

I used to organise league racing and mandatory use of PLP was the way to go. It worked very well for us. Each race day driver briefing post I would include a mandatory PLP config file specific to that race and driver would be penalised for not using it or having an incorrect version of PLP.

We also used to run the leagues as both driver and team championships - you didn't have to be in a team but it was encouraged.

Organising leagues can be quite time consuming if done by one person but can be made easier by using some of the community mods like Straker and PLP.

I would certainly be interested in joining a league, but definitely not if the Kuno dangerous and unfair penalty system was in use.

Just seen this thread. I would love to participate in a league but then because mainly aliens enter leagues, chicken out. Thing is I know its hard work maintaining a league and staff may not have the time.
Maybe one day.
You shouldn't chicken out because of aliens. In my experience when in a league most of the quick guys are usually willing to help the less quick guys out, especially with setups / gear ratios during free practice sessions. Being in a league isn't always about being fast, it's also about race craft.

In some of the leagues that I used to run we used to do 2 races per event with the second one being a reversed grid. It used to work really well and it was great to see some of the less quick guys winning races by just being steady...

What do you mean? It gets your lap invalidated during qualifying and it keeps track of each lap where you cut during the race. That way the admins have to check only those laps.
It requires anyway huge time to dedicate rather than a system that works on its own with penalties automatically managed during the race.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%