VR performance

I have problems hitting 90 fps in R3E with my GPU and CPU load being under 40%. Is this normal? I can run AC on max settings and 2.0 Supersampling without any problems at 90 fps.

My rig:
I7 8700k@4.7Ghz
ASUS GTX 1080 OC
16 GB 2400Mhz RAM

Same boat here.....
I m running a dk2 which only gets 75fps.
Ive tried every vr setting posted on this form and still can't get a solid 75 fps in Raceroom without asw kicking in or the gpu throttling to below 40% which gets distracting and a bit nauseating.
Settings all low launch code -vr no AA or SS

PC2, AC and iracing all run solidly at higher settings. Only time asw kicks in or I have a few random dips is in thunderstorms or with large grids at night during race starts in pc2

AC performance is great but something with there trees and the way the enviroment moves makes me really nauseas and I can only do a few laps before it becomes too much.

Im not that techy but I assume the performance issues is due to the raceroom engine only using a single core combined with dx9 ?

Hopefully the move to the unreal engine and dx11 will improve the vr experience?

I don't know about the single core issue, but DX9 support was "depreciated" in VR some time ago. With no active support for it I think R3E uses a bit of a bodge to get it working at all. I wouldn't be surprised if that does cause various performance issues.

i7-7700k (5GHz) and 1080GTX and i can run 90fps pretty stable. Most things are on low/medium in the graphics department (watch the shadows and visible cars).

I'm also running a PPD of 1.5x in the launcher.

For comparison, i'm running 1.3PPD in AC with post processing on, 2xAA, track detail high, shadows medium and everything else on as low as possible. 90FPS is there, but it isn't stable with a grid of 17 cars.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.5%