AC Vintage DTM @ Nürburgring GP - Thursday 3 March 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Ryan

"Racing amuses me" - Enzo Ferrari
CLUB RACING Flyer DTM.jpg
#TBT! Throwback Thursday turns the clock back to Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft. Yep. That one.

Hi RaceDepartment! Throwback Thursdays aim to spice up our Assetto Corsa races with a look to the past where barriers were trees and courage was aplenty. This week we get to the root of Teutonic touring cars. Looking at a current spec DTM car, you'd probably barely be able to tell it apart from the road going car from which it takes its name. Back in the 80's, Group A rules would never let you get away with that. Vintage slicks, vintage downforce, but nothing vintage about the power, these cars were world renowned for creating amazing racing. We shall do the same around the classic Nürburgring GP-Strecke!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Speaking of premium members: we want you guys to experience what RaceDepartment Club races are all about so I have a special treat for you. The first five (yes you read that right) non-premium members that sign up for this race, will receive a complimentary one month upgrade to premium!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name: RaceDepartment #4 US
Cars: BMW M3 E30 DTM, Mercedes 190 Evo II, Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
Track: Nürburgring GP

Practice (60 min): 20:00 EST | 01:00 GMT | Thursday 3 MAR
Qualifying (10 min): 21:00 EST | 02:00 GMT | Thursday 3 MAR
Race (24 Laps): 21:10 EST | 02:10 GMT | Thursday 3 MAR

Entry List
  1. Gerbuho - BMW M3 E30 DTM
  2. Si - Alfa Romeo 155 TI
  3. Freemium slot
  4. Freemium slot
  5. Freemium slot
  6. Freemium slot
  7. Freemium slot
  8. vbabiy - Alfa Romeo155 V6 TI
  9. Jamie Aleman - Mercedes 190 Evo II
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

Last edited by a moderator:
@mycarlooksfast you can pick your car up to an hour before practice begins as that's usually when I prep the server to go and test functionality.

@Sun Levi @Gerbuho I got you both on there! I figured you guys would enjoy this one! It's old school RD Club racing with OG cars. These packed the servers and the cars are even better to drive now.

Big news: as a Leap Year treat for you non-premium members out there, we're kicking off March with a huge special offer for you! Sign up and enjoy the best of what RaceDepartment has to offer. See my post above for the details.

Looks like we have another good split grid coming in. I need a teammate with the Mercedes! Don't forget for you non-premium members: sign up with no risk. I've got five slots for you!

I'll take the BMW, and I'm going to work harder at not shunting into people on the first lap! I wanna get better at racing, and the only way to get better is to race at your skill level. If my skill level is I need to back off and lose a spot so I don't ruin or hinder someone elses race, so be it! I don't wanna be dubbed Crashwinckel or anything, y'know?

Also I'll keep the window with the janky screen closed so the cat doesn't get out again.

That @Edward Mowinckel is the correct attitude. Proper racecraft is learned on the battlefield. It is also learned with people who run at similar speeds to you. 1st and 2nd lap battles are fun and all but the real test of combat readiness is with 4 laps to go and you find yourself on someone's bumper or vice-versa and you must learn to either: A. Pass cleanly or B. Defend honorably. The pressure is altogether different from the start of a race and it takes time to adapt and acquire the techniques.

The cliché is still absolutely valid: you can only lose a race on the first lap. Once you make it to each checkered flag cleanly every time, the dogfights will come. It's a natural consequence of gaining speed.

Yeah, my strengths are car control and consistency. That's a good base to learn racecraft. Stay in it, when battles come, be aware, be smart. Stay in it!

Also I spent all day yesterday thinking it was Wednesday, and today was Thursday. 'Cause I knew yesterday I had tomorrow off, and work the next day. So yeah I have Wednesday off and I work Thursday. Uh, sorry :(. I also need to get better at being aware of my schedule.

But uh, if anyone's in the US GT3 @ Monza and GT2/GT3 @ the Nurb GP, I'll see you there 'cause I know I have those days off!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%