Viewing the forums without banners - is it possible?

I use a small stealthy browser window in work so although the ever increasing size banners at the top of the forum are very pretty, they are also pretty annoying when you have to scroll nearly half a page down to get to the actual forum content everytime you refresh or click a link.

So is there a way or alternative URL to view the RD forums without all the advertisment padding? Just like plain text?

Cheers.

For some reason, our Proxy doesnt allow me to connect to the add-ons for FF! It was my first thought actually.

I just seemed to recall that you can access some forums with an alternative URL which trims it all down, almost to plain text.

Thanks for the response Omer.

I think that's the archive functionality some forums choose to use. It's not something we run tbh Paul. With the sites that run it you tend to find they are the pages that rank high in google but it really isn't great imo that people have to come through an archive page then click through to the full page when they first arrive. It's something small yes but when I have to do it, it bugs me, so we don't enable it.

Well, not being able to get FF add ons is a bummer, but maybe you can download them from another computer and install them on your machine.

My suggestion would be to create a custom CSS file for RD and specify a display: none; rule for whatever DIV wraps the banners and they'll be gone.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.3%