Vettel is on BBC Question Time !

I know Frank Williams used to do a test on F1 History. He felt the younger generation did not appreciate the sports history. Some drivers got very low scores. I think i could get at least 70%. I find it fascinating going to library and reading books about what happened before i was born in 1975. The game was very different in some ways and the same in others. I am shore the fear of a accident or killing themselves in a crash is far from the minds of the modern driver. Thanks to safety and medical standards.

Last edited:
Usually I can't bear to watch much of Question Time (if I want to watch uninformed people argue intensely over random public opinions, I can just open Twitter), but Seb was a breath of fresh air. Calm and considered responses throughout, and some really insightful candour when challenged about his role in F1 when discussing climate change. I really hope he stays heavily involved in the sport after he stops driving.

I saw on UTUBE a podcast Seb said he was a environmentalist. It was pointed out that F1 is not Green. The race cars are as they are lighter than the road cars and go very fast on minimal energy. But the teams have to haul a lot of equipment to events and this is a big carbon footprint. F1 develops technology for road car market that is going green. So F1 has to follow with a plan to go greener or the car company's will gain nothing. Remember Porche went to Indy car with a concept of a highbrid (Combustion and electric power) and Indy car where not interested. So Porche will join Red Bull in a couple of years with a highbrid concept. And other manufacturers can work on similar ideas. So yes F1 is going green but it wont happen over night. We have less emisions and fuel than a V8 V10 or V12, and the engines will only get smaller. There are touring cars in my sim with 4 Cilinder turbo engines so it can be done.

I saw on UTUBE a podcast Seb said he was a environmentalist. It was pointed out that F1 is not Green. The race cars are as they are lighter than the road cars and go very fast on minimal energy. But the teams have to haul a lot of equipment to events and this is a big carbon footprint. F1 develops technology for road car market that is going green. So F1 has to follow with a plan to go greener or the car company's will gain nothing. Remember Porche went to Indy car with a concept of a highbrid (Combustion and electric power) and Indy car where not interested. So Porche will join Red Bull in a couple of years with a highbrid concept. And other manufacturers can work on similar ideas. So yes F1 is going green but it wont happen over night. We have less emisions and fuel than a V8 V10 or V12, and the engines will only get smaller. There are touring cars in my sim with 4 Cilinder turbo engines so it can be done.

Feel like you missed the point in your own post, the issue is not the cars themselves. It's the carbon released into the atmosphere due to all the planes and trucks used to transport personnel and equipment. Until technology get's better there really is not much that F1 can do, unless they stop racing of course ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.