V8 Supercars

Six free to air races, no Newcastle, I would have thought it would be first picked as it has been missing last 3 years.

P.S. Might have to invest in Kayo Sports, at very least get the free 7 day deal so I can watch Newcastle. :x3:

Last edited:
What I really love about the Aussie stuff is the way they just decide to have a chat to the driver whilst they are out on track. I still have memories of Dick Johnson casually joking with the TV commentators whilst chasing down the next car around Bathurst, priceless.

Also the commentators, how many championships and races between them.

2019 Race 1: Shane van Gisbergen --- Race 2: Jamie Whincup ( 2020-2022 COVID-19 )
Supercars-announces-tentative-date-for-2023-season-opener.jpg

1280px-Newcastle_Street_Track.svg.png

Last edited:
Well you could have knocked me over with a feather duster.
Neil Crompton never won a V8 Race ?

Well between the rest of them Mark Skaife and pit reporters Craig Lowndes, Garth Tander and Mark Larkham they have won a total of 9 Championships and 259 Races.

P.S. Got Kayo sports for trial, better then watching fuzzy 720p.
First Top Ten really close, bodes well for future.

Last edited:
Something I think would make good addition is when pitting having to complete wheel changes before fueling can start. As it is you can have slow wheel change and get away with it.

Reactions: jgf
The new cars look great - especially the Mustang now it is in proportion. Also, getting rid of the onboard roll bar adjustments and the quick adjust brake bias levers seems to have simplified the driver management aspect. Just as well as the new cars have way less aero and are kinda twitchy.

:confused:
888 have been excluded from Race 1.
r0_0_3000_1847_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

They have appealed.
It could be clearly seen during a pitstop in Race 1 that the position of the ice box
had been altered in both cars moving it to the drivers side of car.
They have moved it back to original position for Race 2.

Mark "Larko" Larkham was at a loss why they did it as it moved weight to the outside
on the anti clockwise circuit

RBAR-Studio-23-1J1A1135-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Qualifying 2 finished up same split of 0.400 across top ten.
Best news we have 5 Chev and 5 Ford in shootout for Race 2.
No major V8 shunts touch wood, ironically Legend Cars had some big ones.
Even still V8 heads must be pinching themselves.

P.S. Don't worry no spoilers.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for replicating the races offline? I found a site with a bunch of tracks for AC and tried out Newcastle briefly. Seemed ok using the weebly V8 mod, but the AI lines need some TLC to support a full sized grid. I might give it a go, but if there is a better alternative, I'm all ears.

Depends physics or eye candy.
Drive wise I prefer rF2 although quality and terrain is mixed bag.
rFactor2 2023-03-16 11-28-43-602.jpg
rFactor2 2023-03-16 11-27-13-901.jpg

rFactor2 2023-03-16 11-26-08-458.jpg

AC is okay to drive good models and tracks for the most part, Commodore Mustang Falcon
AMS is good to drive has lots of seasons and circuits, has Commodore Falcon not sure about Mustang.
AMS2 would be best all round immersion with Adelaide, Bathurst, only has the Commodore.

Cheers for the info @Durge Driven . I know what you mean about it being a bit of a mixed bag. The AMS2 content is nice and polished but limited. The car has a slightly top heavy feel, but its not a deal breaker for me, I just want to experience the other circuits if possible. I did quickly check out Jeremy's rF2 car mods and they seem pretty good, so I'll spend a bit of time with them over the weekend and also see how tidy the tracks are. I tend to lean more towards immersion, but I try to stay flexible. I'll be happy to have most of the tracks in a state that I can at least hotlap, just so I can get a better understanding of them prior to the live race.

Q2 Q3 Q4 finished.
4 Supercar sprint races this weekend, 75 points a race + 5 points for fastest lap .
16 sprint rounds this year. Just about to watch Race 1. Track looks a treat.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 174 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 46 17.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.2%
Back