Useful Apps for Racing

Ok, I've been wanting to run rF2 with you guys for a while and I'm ready to start. My main concern is the difference between AC and rF2 when it comes to apps that help us be more aware of our surroundings. For example, in AC we have a Virtual Mirror, I have an app called Helicorsa that looks like this:
title_small-jpg.81406

The Realtime App lets me see who's ahead of and behind me and the time difference between us. Nice to have so you can communicate with another driver. It looks like this:
th

Here's what my cockpit looks like in AC and what I'm used too:
20180705170359_1.jpg

Can you guys tell me what you use and would recommend so that I can race in a responsible way? I don't think you have anything like Helicorsa so I may have to use Crew Chief which I don't want to use if I don't have too, but I will if it's our only option. I use a single screen, but it's a 42" plasma TV so I have the room to put apps up.

One last thing, I hope. When I'm driving and the car in rFactor that has a rear view camera, the lap time info blocks part of my view like this:
20180705164138_1.jpg

I appreciate any insight you guys can give me. Have a great day.

Sadly nothing like helicorsa for rf2.

You can have up to 3 virtual mirrors (side+center+side). Press the 3 key a couple of times to toggle various mirrors on/off.

For relative time you could just use the MFD for shorter races where you're unlikely to lap cars.
If you can play in border less window mode, you can use SimHub, I bet someone made a relative time widget for that by now.

The most important thing are the 3 mirrors as Martin mentioned. The important thing with them is that they are not like the real side mirrors of the car!
They have something like 180° vision so if a car is in them with its rear, the car is actually already halfway alongside you. It's strange but you basically have 180° 3D helicorsa with them :cautious::roflmao:
Didn't do one real race yet in rF2 so no idea about the rest of the things you mentioned :whistling:

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I found the mirrors and it makes it much better. Now I can drive without worrying about accidentally turning down on somebody or cutting them off. Made a world of difference. I also to the Simhub and it works great.

@RasmusP now you know you're going to have to teach me to setup the servers. You poor poor man:p

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.0%