AC URD T5@ Mugello Mon 12th 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the race guys, pretty awesome and intense race as usual, relativly bad lap at the qualif, Start from p5, then a surprisingly good start jump up to p2, a bounch of nice battles through the whole race,an at the end p2, my pit tactic worked again!:D Looking forward to the next event, thanks Simon for organising it!:)

Last edited:
I had the pit stop bug apparently again, i was standing there for 1min but nothing happend :(

really????

For goodness sake! I have had no problems for weeks(months), pits in every race, now my last two races have had this!

I will investigate! :mad:

That was a frustrating race over most of the time. My car decided to spin off the curbs whenever it felt it was time again to do so. After three spins and one bloody Penalty because of avoiding an accident I was from 5th Position down to 18. Climbed my way back up the rest of the race. Fortunately I had a good pace after the pit stop and was able to get back to P7. :)

GOOD RACE! I had a goal driving safe and not crashing. I almost made it, but I took softs on L14 and I killed them in like... 3 laps so I ended up driving on ice, so on L19 and 20 I crashed 3 times. I almost took out simon on his last lap, sorry for that. Glad you managed to dodge me.I didn't think there was anyone left behind me.

On L5 I was actually p16, but redacted took me out and damaged my front splitter. So then after that it was mostly hotlapping for me...

Oh and I had a nice little battle with Frank. Though he didn't really have any problems passing me. :)

Very good race, and nice cars. I hope you do more of these events, because they are really fun. Oh, and I feel that these technical tracks really suit the dtm cars.

Last edited:
@ Simon i thought first it is up to an app, but at the first T5 Race everything just worked fine, meanwhile i only added a few Skins, but i was still a good Race i had to defend my position most of the time against Tariq Gamil.
On Lap 10 or so, i made a little mistake at Turn 1 and had to go wide so he was able to pass on the inside an we went together in Turn 2, it was so close and intense.

Luckily i went quite late to the box, so i just missed 3 Laps. :)

EDIT: please not on the forum! can this be done by pm? if you wish to file a report pls send one to me!

I mean, he obviously braked too late, but how should I have reacted here? It happened so fast, I didn't really have time to realise he was not going to turn-in. Could I have saved this in any way at all? Because, to be honest right now, that nudge I gave him helped him drive through the turn, needless to say, I'd prefer it if he crashed and I survived. So, what would have been better here?

Oh, one more question. But first, thanks for indulging my questions. All feedback is welcome, since I'm still getting the hang of all this racing stuff.

So... Here are 2 cases I wanted to ask you. In both cases a driver aggressively turned onto my line, forcing me to brake or crash into them. And in both cases the drivers didn't need to do this. So what's your opinion here? Should I keep steadfast on my line and take us both out or yield the place?
(ignore the audio, it's messed up)
Specifically; here I took the slower line with the late apex through the long right corner so I could accelerate faster out of it and get through the left right first, however the driver forced himself onto my line and made me slow down. it may not seem obvious, however I have lifted quite considerably before the left. What should I have done here?

Here I took the outside line on T2, and would have gotten a smoother turn in, and probably a shot at his place on t3, but he aggresively made me brake. Again, if I had not yielded we'd crash. How to react in these situations?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5X88F_qTgQ

GOOD RACE! I had a goal driving safe and not crashing. I almost made it, but I took softs on L14 and I killed them in like... 3 laps so I ended up driving on ice, so on L19 and 20 I crashed 3 times. I almost took out simon on his last lap, sorry for that. Glad you managed to dodge me.I didn't think there was anyone left behind me.

On L5 I was actually p16, but peter hartz took me out and damaged my front splitter. So then after that it was mostly hotlapping for me...

Oh and I had a nice little battle with Frank. Though he didn't really have any problems passing me. :)

Very good race, and nice cars. I hope you do more of these events, because they are really fun. Oh, and I feel that these technical tracks really suit the dtm cars.
Ye was a fun battle! You made a little mistake I think, allowing for me to pass quite easily.

Oh, one more question. But first, thanks for indulging my questions. All feedback is welcome, since I'm still getting the hang of all this racing stuff.

So... Here are 2 cases I wanted to ask you. In both cases a driver aggressively turned onto my line, forcing me to brake or crash into them. And in both cases the drivers didn't need to do this. So what's your opinion here? Should I keep steadfast on my line and take us both out or yield the place?
(ignore the audio, it's messed up)
Specifically; here I took the slower line with the late apex through the long right corner so I could accelerate faster out of it and get through the left right first, however the driver forced himself onto my line and made me slow down. it may not seem obvious, however I have lifted quite considerably before the left. What should I have done here?

Here I took the outside line on T2, and would have gotten a smoother turn in, and probably a shot at his place on t3, but he aggresively made me brake. Again, if I had not yielded we'd crash. How to react in these situations?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5X88F_qTgQ

I would advice contacting the ones you had these issues with. And if it escalates you can always file a report.

Last edited:
both issues to me look like you handled both circumstances perfectly!

you admit yourself your new to online racing and can pat yourself on the back for some very good safe driving! The more you practise in real (sim) world racing, the more you will improve!

These are both incidents in 'race craft' which you will learn in time!

good job!:thumbsup:

@Si We couldn't be more closely matched in pace this race, to the 10 000 of a second, we were evenly matched when it comes to fastest lap :p
Shame i made the mistake and we couldn't really race...I will need to improve my consistency as small mistakes are very costly..well done on the win and thank you for organizing the event.

p.s. These DTM races are quickly becoming my favorite :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Forum trophies