URD-RSS GT3 BoP

Misc URD-RSS GT3 BoP v2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
CrestedIsland submitted a new resource:

URD-RSS GT3 BoP - Balances the performance of all the paid GT3 mods from RSS and URD

The new GT3 cars from RSS and URD have been mega, but they all have a huge difference of power and speed, which makes it impossible to have good racing between them. Whether it be online for a league or against AI, this mod is intended to bring all of these cars to the same performance for not only realism, but close racing as well. These cars are tested on Reboot Team's Sebring with a modified AI line by @MEDIIZA Designs, so please keep in mind that if you have a...

Read more about this resource...

How to install?
Inside the folder installed is a cm.preset, you simply drag it to your Content Manager window and onto the screen and it should ask to save and apply. Then inside the saved grid preset there are a list of restrictor and ballast values for each car, those will be the values that you use for those respective cars for whatever application it might be. Hope this helps!

I was wondering, how do you come up with the numbers for ballast/restrictor? I have been looking for a good BOP for Nords endurance, and this seems to be very good. However, if I drive each car for ~3 laps stock, then set your BOPnumbers, I (driving each car for the same 3 laps) have wildly differing numbers. For example(driven on Norschleife Endurance layout):

RSS Lambo Evo stock: 8:28.445, BOP: 8:29.867
RSS Lambo Evo2 stock: 8:28.861, BOP: 8:31.770
RSS Aero Evo 2: stock 08:28.558, BOP: 8:32.133
RSS Mercer Evo: stock 8:28.131, BOP: not ready yet

As you can see, the results are very consistent in stock, but differ quite a lot with BOP. I was wondering if this way to measure BOP is completely wrong, for instance if the AI drives the car in a different way, making the results more in line with expectations? I have focused on getting my own times consistent between the cars rather than running multiple races with AI, as I wanted to get the numbers ‘right’ first. Am I going about this in the wrong way, you think?

CrestedIsland updated URD-RSS GT3 BoP with a new update entry:

Better Balancing + New Cars

Hello y'all! Heres an update to my GT3 BoP for the paid mods of Assetto Corsa!

- Better balancing: The cars within the pack, especially the RSS cars, should be better balanced by a decent percentage. Thank you @doc3d for pointing out some BS, let me know if there are any more troubles.

-More cars: The whole RSS GT3 field is now included, with the BMW and Lexus added. Again, please let me know if there are any more tweaks that need to be made.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Excellent. I will give these another go. Some of the inconsistencies could be me not driving the cars correctly but I’ll try again

Could you add the Ford GT3 by LP Design?

1707348183609.png

Excellent. I will give these another go. Some of the inconsistencies could be me not driving the cars correctly but I’ll try again
Hey @doc3d , was just wondering if you've experimented yet with the updated settings? Would be very keen to hear the outcome as I've also got both packs. I'm not a pro racer by any means and make too many mistakes to test myself, haha

Last edited:
Hey @doc3d , was just wondering if you've experimented yet with the updated settings? Would be very keen to hear the outcome as I've also got both packs. I'm not a pro racer by any means and make too many mistakes to test myself, haha
I started, then found that the overheating tires were a big issue so tried to find a solution around it. Turns out that if I use the non-csp version of certain cars (or the ones that have csp and non-csp versions), I was close to 10 seconds faster and didn’t have the overheating issue. I was very surprised by this and think I might have to start all over since the difference was so high. I’m also unsure about the ‘extended physics’ checkbox. Leave it on or off. Seems to also create wildly different lap times, but I’m unsure if it’s best to leave on, or turn it off. Anybody have experience with this?

The testing itself is quite time consuming since I have to do a few laps in each car to get the correct times, and all without any cuts, mistakes or spins. Then do it again with the BOP applied. So that is essentially 6-7 laps per car. I’ll get around to it, just takes some time

Last edited:
I started, then found that the overheating tires were a big issue so tried to find a solution around it. Turns out that if I use the non-csp version of certain cars (or the ones that have csp and non-csp versions), I was close to 10 seconds faster and didn’t have the overheating issue. I was very surprised by this and think I might have to start all over since the difference was so high. I’m also unsure about the ‘extended physics’ checkbox. Leave it on or off. Seems to also create wildly different lap times, but I’m unsure if it’s best to leave on, or turn it off. Anybody have experience with this?

The testing itself is quite time consuming since I have to do a few laps in each car to get the correct times, and all without any cuts, mistakes or spins. Then do it again with the BOP applied. So that is essentially 6-7 laps per car. I’ll get around to it, just takes some time
No rush at all! I realise it could take some time, thank you for the effort in advance though :)

I'm giving this preset a go tonight, just a question though @CrestedIsland , is this bop preset intended to bring these mod cars inline with the base GT3 cars as well? Meaning "base cars/RSS/URD" will all be bop'd to race against each other? Because some of the base GT3's are great too

I'm giving this preset a go tonight, just a question though @CrestedIsland , is this bop preset intended to bring these mod cars inline with the base GT3 cars as well? Meaning "base cars/RSS/URD" will all be bop'd to race against each other? Because some of the base GT3's are great too
Ohhh no, good question. When I made this I only meant for it to be between these cars only, I did not take the base GT3s into account simply because the new GT3's don't race against the old GT3's, like a BMW M4 GT3 wouldn't race against a 650S GT3. However, if it actually works with the Kunos GT3's then I will take a mental note of that ;)

Last edited:
Right.. Ive been doing some laps on and off. Its taking some time, as I keep getting disctracted, and also doing the LFM Green Hell Cup but I have a few results. Not nearly done, but thought I'd share what I have so far. All runs are with default setups, except Fuel 60L, ran on Nordschleife Endurance.

Note: I found a strange discrepency: Ive always ran CSP with extended physics on all my mods -I figured that would give the most realistic feel to the cars. But during some testing with the RSS GT3's, I found that there are some serious difference in lap-times with extended physics on and off. The same goes for the RSS cars with a CSP version.(I think this is due to a bug in the tires, causing them to overheat, and not dissiptate the heat) Its very strange and surprised me quite a bit. I will post the ext phy/CSP times as well as the ones with "standard physics" and the non-CSP version of the various cars (or the ones that have a CSP version, at least). Laptimes are semi-consistant, but there are some cars I have driven way more than others, and Im sure the results reflect that. The no CSP/ext and BOP runs are done without extended physics (checkmark OFF)

___________________________with ext/CSP____no CSP/ext_______BOP
RSS Lambo Huracan Evo______8:25.771________8:20.894______ 8:28.357
RSS Lambo Huracan Eveo2____8:23.238_______8:18.750_______8:21.176
RSS Lexus RC F________________8:27.562_______8:18.715________8:22.157
RSS Merc AMG Evo_____________8:26.158_______8:23.566_______8:25.759
RSS BMW M6__________________8:22.543_______8:14.368_______8:23.352
RSS Honda NSX Evo____________8:21.515________8:17.202_______8:23.433
RSSAudi R8 Evo 2______________8:24.562_______8:15.043_______8:21.752

Hopefully you can read it, I have a Spreadsheet, but its a WIP atm. Might link it later if any interest. Contains a bit more data, like 3 lap avg, fuel consuption and top speed.
Thats all the RSS cars done. On to the URD's then.. :)

Last edited:
Ok, so I just had to try one of the URD cars while i was on a roll. It seems the Extended Physics "bug"(?) only affects the RSS cars. I tried running the BMW M4 both with physics on and off and the laptimes did not change much. But those poor URD cars will be in need of some serious mental therapy :-D with the current BOP, it is waaay to strong now. I suspect they were ajusted for the RSS with ext physics because the URD's seem fine in stock now, while before I found this "bug" I thought they were massively overpowered. Heres the BMW:

___________________________with ext/CSP____no CSP/ext_______BOP
URD BMW M4________________8:16.460______8:16.158_______ 8:34.241

Finished all the URD cars. I dont know if the cars are different, or if its my irratic driving, but results vary quite a lot. Corvette especially was extremely fast, both stock and BOP'ed.
Unsure if this has any merit, -the results vary a bit too much for my liking. I have done 3 lap avg on most of these, but it could all be down to a good/bad day while testing.

Either way, it seems the BOP for the URD's is a bit too harsh once you consider the non-CSP times of the RSS cars. Will post the complete list in one table making it easier to read, hopefully.
RSS is ran with standard physics (so no CSP version or extended physics).
URD is ran with extended physics, as I couldn't see a difference in laptimes with this on or off and URD recommeds 'on'.

RSS - Stock setup, 60L fuelStockBOP
Audi R8 Evo 2 8:15.0438:21.752
BMW M6 GT38:14.3688:23.352
Honda NSX Evo 28:17.2028:23.152
Lamborgini GT3 Evo8:20.894 8:25.556
Lamborgini GT3 Evo 28:18.7508:21.176
Lexus RC F GT3 8:18.7158:22.157
Mercedes AMG GT3 Evo 8:23.5668:22.157
URD - Stock setup, 60L fuelStockBOP
BMW M4 GT38:16.4608:34.241
Chevrolet Corvette C8R GT38:12.0698:24.845
Ferrari 296 GT38:18.0508:32.585
Lexus RC F GT3 8:21,4468:32.006
Porsche 992 GT3-R8:18.6878:34.865

Great work @doc3d ! I've been using this BOP preset for quite a while now and from a racing point of view (non-Nordschleife races), it's pretty well done, there is no obvious faster car from my experience, so I'm really enjoying this preset, thank you again @CrestedIsland

Finished all the URD cars. I dont know if the cars are different, or if its my irratic driving, but results vary quite a lot. Corvette especially was extremely fast, both stock and BOP'ed.
Unsure if this has any merit, -the results vary a bit too much for my liking. I have done 3 lap avg on most of these, but it could all be down to a good/bad day while testing.

Either way, it seems the BOP for the URD's is a bit too harsh once you consider the non-CSP times of the RSS cars. Will post the complete list in one table making it easier to read, hopefully.
RSS is ran with standard physics (so no CSP version or extended physics).
URD is ran with extended physics, as I couldn't see a difference in laptimes with this on or off and URD recommeds 'on'.

RSS - Stock setup, 60L fuelStockBOP
Audi R8 Evo 28:15.0438:21.752
BMW M6 GT38:14.3688:23.352
Honda NSX Evo 28:17.2028:23.152
Lamborgini GT3 Evo8:20.8948:25.556
Lamborgini GT3 Evo 28:18.7508:21.176
Lexus RC F GT38:18.7158:22.157
Mercedes AMG GT3 Evo8:23.5668:22.157
URD - Stock setup, 60L fuelStockBOP
BMW M4 GT38:16.4608:34.241
Chevrolet Corvette C8R GT38:12.0698:24.845
Ferrari 296 GT38:18.0508:32.585
Lexus RC F GT38:21,4468:32.006
Porsche 992 GT3-R8:18.6878:34.865
I'm sorry if I'm being a party pooper, but these times are too far off of what the cars can really do on Nords. There's no point to compare times that aren't even remotely close to the limit.

The original approach to BoP them using AI on default setups is also inherently wrong. First of all, AI can't really drive GT3 cars fast enough (I'm not talking about aliens, but even fast guys will run circles around 100% AI in AC). Then, the default setup for some cars is no good and you can gain a lot by adjusting it. It's also worth noticing that the weather conditions are very important. Mid-engine cars from RSS are known to overheat their rear tires and wear them out very quickly when you get close to +20C or above (on both CSP and vanilla versions, and if you're not getting that you're simply not driving fast enough). This doesn't happen to URD cars and doesn't happen to front-engine RSS cars.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 53 36.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 86 58.5%