Uninstall, Remove out off date skins Pack.

Doug62

Premium
1578186400447.png

For those that haven't or are still using the old UI, the rest is simple. (Still getting gMotor error) Missing Token.

Uninstall any/all skins packs you have installed manually (placed the rfcmp into the package folder). Uninstall & Delete the rfcmp via the Mod manager.
For those that are downloaded and installed via Steam, Unsubscribe before opening rF2 and Steam will uninstall them for you.

You can open the Installed folder and go through to manually uninstall but I would only recommend this as a last resort for those without a good basic knowledge off rF2's file structure.

Delete the rfcmp files from you package folder.
Manually uninstalling Steam content will not work! Steam will automatically reinstall it.

Unfortunately we were hoping to have seen the end off the need for icons completely but instead S397's new rubbish has added a further 5 per car to the mix. It has added a ton off extra work so updating all the skins/packs people have already done will take a lot off time if there done at all.
The new icons use a transparent png and this isn't easy to achieve. Exploring the S397 content shows how inconsistent and low quality they really are. Even their guy's are finding it difficult even with Photoshops hocas pocas, black magic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those interested.
The reason for the gmotor 2 error is the old skins pack are missing one new file. A Brand png.
The ICONs are not the issue. They will work without the previews, it just puts a ? mark in it's place. (We, modders call them PlaceHolder) a default texture while waiting for the right one.

Last edited:
I haven't tried the new UI, but I have an .exe for Mod Manager in bin32. Is it removed when you install the new UI?
No, it would still be there. So you can use it. Should work.

I find that a lot off people don't look through the working off their games and have none or very little understanding off file structures. So I'am reluctant to use this path as a way to fix errors.
File structure is the back door, I'd suggest using the front door first in a way that the average user can understand.

I just found the Mod Manager in the new UI. I will update the first post.

I haven't tried the new UI, but I have an .exe for Mod Manager in bin32. Is it removed when you install the new UI?
I tried the exe in the Bin32 for Mod Manager. It's the very old version that was in rF2 at it's conception. When opened it was uninhabited. The path to the package folder is incorrect so you'd need to reroute it but it should still work.
1578187008418.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea