Understanding what Practice, Hotlap, Race, Track Day, Weekend, Drift and Drag Race mean

Hi there, I'm new to the game and trying to find a manual that explains more about the single player modes (Practice, Hotlap, Race, Track Day, Weekend, Drift and Drag Race). I don't understand what they all do. Does anyone have a good description?

• Practice: you're alone on track and can do whatever you want.
  • Hotlap: you start a bit before the start of the lap, so you don't have to do a full outlap from the pits. You also can enable a ghost, that will show after you set a valid lap as a semi-transparent car. It will drive your fastest valid lap. It starts a bit in front of you, so you can try to catch it.
  • Race: a race against the AI. Without Practice or Qualy.
  • Track Day: you and the AI can do laps. Basically a practice session with AI.
  • Weekend: a race against the AI, but you can enable a Practice and Qualy session before the race.
  • Drift: no idea, sorry.
  • Drag: you'll do multiple runs against the AI on a Drag Strip.

• Hotlap: you start a bit before the start of the lap, so you don't have to do a full outlap from the pits. You also can enable a ghost, that will show after you set a valid lap as a semi-transparent car. It will drive your fastest valid lap. It starts a bit in front of you, so you can try to catch it.
  • Weekend: a race against the AI, but you can enable a Practice and Qualy session before the race.
Excellent, just what I needed. Thanks mate!

Some of the tracks I've downloaded don't seem to work in Race-mode. For instance, I downloaded Project Touge, but all the competing cars just stand still and don't want to move. Same problem with Dortmund City. Is that normal for some of the Mod tracks? Autobahn does seem to work in Race-mode however, as does PCH and Mountain Route.

Excellent, just what I needed. Thanks mate!

Some of the tracks I've downloaded don't seem to work in Race-mode. For instance, I downloaded Project Touge, but all the competing cars just stand still and don't want to move. Same problem with Dortmund City. Is that normal for some of the Mod tracks? Autobahn does seem to work in Race-mode however, as does PCH and Mountain Route.
Yeah, that can be "normal" for mod tracks. A track can/should have a pitlane area, a starting line, a Hotlap starting line, trackday spawn points, AI lines etc.
If these things aren't there, some modes won't work.

I also tried mod tracks where you fall through the floor, when selecting to start at the Hotlap position instead of the pits and stuff like that.

Sometimes you can Google the track + "race session" or "AI line" etc and find another download, where someone created the missing stuff.

Yeah, that can be "normal" for mod tracks. A track can/should have a pitlane area, a starting line, a Hotlap starting line, trackday spawn points, AI lines etc.
If these things aren't there, some modes won't work.

I also tried mod tracks where you fall through the floor, when selecting to start at the Hotlap position instead of the pits and stuff like that.

Sometimes you can Google the track + "race session" or "AI line" etc and find another download, where someone created the missing stuff.
Thanks for explaining. Much appreciated.

Drift mode is like the Gran Turismo drift missions. You accumulate points based on how much you drift basically

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.