1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Unable to choose options under heading "Engine"

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by jjaycee1, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jjaycee1

jjaycee1

Ratings:
    +2
    No mattrer what race option i choose e.g Grand Prix, TT or Career when i go to set up I never have an option to change anything under the Engine option. I press the down arrow to choose mix but the nothing happens.
    My last problem I posted was a result of my ignorance, and this may be the same, but if anyone can guide me as to how i can get the option to work I would be most grateful.
    I play on PC with Thrustmaster Ferrari 3-in1 wheel set to custom.
    Thanks

2. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    There is no fuel map in TT. In career mode you probably haven't unlocked the engine map upgrades.
    Not sure why a GP race wouldn't give you the options.
    What about multiplayer?

3. Bradley Vanian

Bradley Vanian

Ratings:
    +1,160
    Are you sure the button you are pressing works ?

4. jjaycee1

jjaycee1

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes the button works fine Bradley. Paul, I dont play multiplayer I only play offline.
    What do you guys play that allows you to use the option? I understand TT wont give me the option, but does anyone play GP mode offline and get the option to use?

5. Mark Jameson

Mark Jameson

Ratings:
    +13
    Fuel mapping in 2011 is only available with the fuel sim set to ON, unlike in 2010 where it was received via practice objectives.

6. jjaycee1

jjaycee1

Ratings:
    +2
    Mark, Fuel sim is set to ON under my Difficulty option setting. Does the fact that I drive with assists on bear any significance? Do I have to have "achieved" some objective elsewhere in the game prior to get this option? ALL other options work fine.

7. aceraspire4743

aceraspire4743

Ratings:
    +0
    u should be able to access the engine modes right from the start of your career theres no need to unlock any r&d

8. MSTR20

MSTR20

Ratings:
    +0
    You can't change the engine mix, engine or fuel amount before a race which is why it is all greyed out.
    In quali or practice you should be able to change them.

9. jjaycee1

jjaycee1

Ratings:
    +2
    Many thanks. I discovered this yesterday.