Tyre Scrub Sound Missing

I have noticed that on some of the S397 cars some of the tyre scrub sounds are missing.

For example the BTCC 2022 BMW has no sound when the tyres lose grip.

I can hear if the tyres lock under braking, but in lateral slides I can loop the car and hear nothing from the tyres.

This is the same with the GT3 cars and the Porsche 992.

This does not happen on some of the other cars like the S397 Brabham BT20.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know of any way to fix this.

Note, I have not reduced any of the sound effects in the settings.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Note, I have not reduced any of the sound effects in the settings.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Have you increased "Tyre Volume" for the cars you can't hear ?

rFactor2 unlike most every other sim is never "one setting for all"

It is very dynamic and will vary from many factors.

Where as for mine many effects in other sims sound almost canned.

I did a little more testing, it seems like all of the newer cars that I tested have no scrub sound on lateral traction loss, I can only hear longitudinal scrub like braking.

If I drive at high speed and turn the wheel full lock and plough forwards I can hear nothing except for a small portion of sliding which I think is the longitudinal component of speed being washed off.

On all the older cars like BT20, BT44 or the old Howston I can hear everything just fine.

I just validated my files on steam and that changed nothing, wondering if I have to reinstall the lot.

I think this is recent or with one of the latest updates as I remember trying the BTCC cars a few months ago and the sounds seemed fine.

OK so I understand a bit more about this now. It seems this is how S397 set up the sounds for all of the newer content as it is apparently more realistic.

Unfortunately for people like me that don't use a wheel that means I have no feedback to gauge grip.

It would be nice to be able to turn it on or off to suit people's needs.

If anyone knows how to get rumble to work on a controller as a pseudo force feedback for RF2 let me know that would be awesome.

If anyone knows how to get rumble to work on a controller as a pseudo force feedback for RF2 let me know that would be awesome.
One of these solution should work:

Reactions: DSQ
One of these solution should work:
Thanks for the tips nsfgp I'll give these a try.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.