Tyre Grip

Having used proTyres myself in the past, the .ini und .lut files are only there because ProTyres cannot access the cars data file and therefore cannot read the tires properties. That's why the app doesn't work for a car if you don't provide it with the proper files. Likewise, nothing can be written or injected into the cars data file, therfore nothing can change in the car's handling, the files provided with the app and in the ini/lut packs are purely there so the app knows what to show you.

The tires.ini is a copy of the one in the cars data file and tells the app which tires are available and their properties.
The .lut files are there because the tires.ini calls them for wear curves and heat/grip relations.

So even if you were to copy them into a cars folder it would remain the same, because the files are the same, or else ProTyres would just show you wrong data.

Well something is getting more information to my wheel.
I just tried launching from CM for the first time since its release and noticed more FPS. I can run rain with a solid 90 FPS now no jitters and physics feel even more lively.
So there is something about my computer that dosen't work well with AC.
I know "it feels better" is impossible to prove but the frame rates don't lie.
I have been working with another guy who experiences AC's floaty physics the same as I did and we have both got the same improvements, which happened with the wheel filter and Pro Tyer's luts.
I also tried threading settings and put it all back to automatic. Not sure if this helped?
AC felt like it didn't have enough traction before is why I looked in on this thread.

Last edited:
So I'm guessing anyone looking for more grip in AC is having a similar problem we had? And I know what they are talking about when they describe AC as...
Floaty physics.
Back tires shot out.
Tires under continuous overload.
Icy.
Off balance.
Backend heavier then front.
Light FFB.
Latency.
Dead wheel on straights, 100 mph plus.

And you can have all this with good frame rate.

With AC being open modding I cut Kunos a lot of slack. But there is a problem! And now experiencing AC with this rich physics and FFB that stands toe to toe with rF2 after 6 years is very exciting and a little frustrating. Expecially when I come across someone else going through the same experience.
It would be nice to point and say "this is the problem with this combination"? Because I truly understand the frustration of coming into a corner too quick because you can't feel how fast you were going and then to flat, dead skid, brake into a wall, which has nothing to with skill at that point because there isn't enough of the car there to drive.

But now I'm slowing sooner because of all the information coming through the wheel. Speed vibration, swaying of suspension with uneven road. Let off fuel back end gets light and unstable. Come into brakes balance changes, wheel pulls and so on....

Apposed to......basically, dead wheel, ice skid, wall!

And I suspect a lot of the rF2 guys experience AC as the sentence above?

i was having the same question and noticed that increasing dx_ref and dy_ref also influenced other tyre characteristics in a weird way. But I found a much better soultion:

in the data folder, for every tyre of the car there is a tcurve_[tyre_name].lut with the information of how the tyre grip depends on the tyre temp. You can just increase the the grip multiplier values (right column) by a few percent and get a gripier tyre that behaves exactly like before.

I dont know sorry, and i don't go changing things like that anyway, as it will cause miss matches when i race online and i will get booted from servers as a possible cheat.

but i feel the game has to much grip already the cars are on rails at times, and then not enough at times but i wont go there again.. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
If it's too easy why do you need to cheat?
I dont know sorry, and i don't go changing things like that anyway, as it will cause miss matches when i race online and i will get booted from servers as a possible cheat.

but i feel the game has to much grip already the cars are on rails at times, and then not enough at times but i wont go there again.. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
If it is too easy, why do you need a hack?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back