Tyre damage becomes clearly visible: new shiny and smooth slowly to matte because of tyre wear

Misc Tyre damage becomes clearly visible: new shiny and smooth slowly to matte because of tyre wear 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, is it possible that you can help me combine a livery mod with this. I am using the same lamborghini livery as in the post https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lamborghini-squadra-corse-f1-team-colour-swappable.52106/

I am fixing another mod for the newest F1 22 version (1.06), after that I will look into making my mod modular so I don't have to help everyone implement it with their livery.

Oh, I see that's the Lambo mod I am using as well haha. I will update this post or reply to your new reply with mine when I am done.

Last edited:
Oh, since tyres are already supported by MoMods (in case I include my grooved tyres, I thought :D) and someone asked here for that:
If you like (I'm not digging through it now), list me all internal files (inside the erp) you need to have included and I'll create a fresh template.
I had these so far from 2020 in my personal mod:
1658773472778.png

Hi, is it possible that you can help me combine a livery mod with this. I am using the same lamborghini livery as in the post https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lamborghini-squadra-corse-f1-team-colour-swappable.52106/
This mod (Tyre visible damage mod) + Lamborghini Squadra Corse, on latest version (1.06), just the common_fom.erp:
-Removed-

Oh, since tyres are already supported by MoMods (in case I include my grooved tyres, I thought :D) and someone asked here for that:
If you like (I'm not digging through it now), list me all internal files (inside the erp) you need to have included and I'll create a fresh template.
I had these so far from 2020 in my personal mod:
View attachment 586179
Yeah that's more than enough, actually, I think some of those are may be changes made by Codemasters between 2 year versions of this mod, and actually contribute nothing to the effect we are trying to recreate. There is so little difference visually. I can't scroll through them again, my brain is fried because of this update. Would be very nice if you can do that! And ruin my hours of useless work haha :')

Last edited:
You can't, the download link got overwritten by the newer version. Here, I uploaded the previous version for you:
mods have a history and history has download links, unless the author deletes those on purpose
plus: external download links are against RD tos on paper
plus: supporting cracked versions (1.05 without patches) is better not handled in public :D

Last edited:
btw. if you change textures that have external mipmap files, you need to include them in the download
but fear not, I'm on it, MoMods gets rid of that annoying issue ^^
E: ok done, need to release it and I also tested it with my personal tyres
:D
1658784089298.png

E: Oh, I forgot I removed it from the MoMods base files, need to update that :D

Last edited:
mods have a history and history has download links, unless the author deletes those on purpose
plus: external download links are against RD tos on paper
plus: supporting cracked versions (1.05 without patches) is better not handled in public :D
Reeeee I tried to look up such a rule but couldn't find it anywhere, was like, just helping these people out, spent hours on remaking the mods, oh well I'll delete the links then I guess

Last edited:
Hi, can this be used with the Origin version of F1 22 or is it Steam compatible only?
Sorry I overread your question. Yes you can use it with the Origin version.

btw. if you change textures that have external mipmap files, you need to include them in the download
but fear not, I'm on it, MoMods gets rid of that annoying issue ^^
E: ok done, need to release it and I also tested it with my personal tyres
E: Oh, I forgot I removed it from the MoMods base files, need to update that :D
Are you completely sure? Because I asked myself that question while making this, and took me quite some while to be sure. I really doubt it, because:
1) The attached picture is with my mipmaps removed from my F1 22 folder (of course, restarted the game etc.). 70% damage rear left (see the blister?) and 33% rear right. Fronts 0% and all shiny. Clearly the mod is on.
2) The copy paste mod from F1 2021 was simply the common.erp file which worked fine by itself as well.

At the end the mipmaps just became something I had to save, but seem useless? Eh... They have to be there for a reason, but the mod seems to work fine without them. Both here and last year's. I made .dds files from last year and imported / swapped them with the stock pictures, but yeah, I had to make mipmaps after the picture imported (visibly) fine.

What I am also still not sure of is, do we need to change the common_fom.erp as well? It's loaded with over 2000 resources, but I doubt it. Just did it for that file as well to make sure, heh.

Hey mate, it's me again. Can you help me by telling me how to update this mod for 1.06 and the myteam mod https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/andretti-gainbridge-f1-team-full-myteam-package.52121/?

What should I update or change with ERP?

Thank you again for your help
I will PM you with the explanation and files needed. I won't let you go through hell to get them yourselves ;). If @ParkYongLee is right though, that won't be enough. Also, a waste of time if he works his magic.

Attachments

• F1_22_photo_20220726_043636.jpg
    F1_22_photo_20220726_043636.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hey ya, these are looking real good, but any chance you can share the .dds files or include mipmaps?
I cannot export them out of erp file without correct mipmaps (unless I'm missing something here).

I use an auto loader which loads "raw" files into erp for me, so the packed common.erp is no use unfortunately :D

Hey ya, these are looking real good, but any chance you can share the .dds files or include mipmaps?
I cannot export them out of erp file without correct mipmaps (unless I'm missing something here).

I use an auto loader which loads "raw" files into erp for me, so the packed common.erp is no use unfortunately :D
Sure, I will update the mod with the .dds files :)

Now that we are able to see the textures ... well, I thought it would be a new tyre mod. But in the end, the same files that have been around for years and years and which I already have in my own mods for several games, lol.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.6%