Tyre barriers - no AI collision detection.

Hey all!

Finishing my overhaul of tracks and UK motorsport for the FRM BTCC mod and got a slight problem.

I've implemented these tyre bundles around circuits and whilst I am stopped dead by them, AI drive through. Any idea why?

In the TRK file:

Instance=WALL900
{
Moveable=False
MeshFile=rowredwhite.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=True ShadowCaster=(Static,Texture,32,32)
}

~ The material on the tyres is set to be TWAL so read as tyre wall. Collision detection is on. Render is on (that = HAT target anyway?). HAT file i've deleted and rebuilt. Not sure what else I can do?

I suppose that these tyre walls might be added where the AI line is allowed so what's not moveable for the player is well moveable for the AI.
Should the AI line not be modified in this case ?

NB: just a logical answer as I never built a track :D but maybe an idea guiding to a solution ?

I suppose that these tyre walls might be added where the AI line is allowed so what's not moveable for the player is well moveable for the AI.
Should the AI line not be modified in this case ?

NB: just a logical answer as I never built a track :D but maybe an idea guiding to a solution ?
You're right, if the object is within far edges of the track set in AIW file, AI will not collide with it

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Forum trophies