Tyr file information

Hello,

I should increase the range of wheels and I would like to have some information:

In the .tyr file (that of the tires to understand) when you increase the range of wheels also effect on the physics of the rubber or is it just a graphic effect?

By increasing the radius can it increase or decrease the consumption of the rubber or does it always depend on other data in the tire file?

Thanks for the info!

Increasing/decreasing the radius of the rear tires has the same effect as raising/lowering the final drive ratio (in fact some race cars of the thirties did this rather than changing the gearing, and modern teams often use larger diameter tires at fast tracks and smaller diameter at short tracks). If you strive for realism, a little online research will show what size tires the actual cars use.

By "range" do you refer to tire wear? If so, the "WearRate=" parameter is the basic control for this; change it slightly and run some tests. The wear rate is independent of tire size, though heat and grip/temperature have a subtle effect..

And when editing tires always make a copy, rename it and edit that copy, then assign that tire to the specific car (in the hdc file); otherwise your new tire will be used by every car using that default tire.

Thanks for the info!
Regarding the HDC file I know it must be done like this, anyway thanks.

I use the tires of the MOD FIA GT 2008 and to adapt these tires to the endurance model of the 997 RSR I must necessarily change the radius because otherwise the rear tires enter a little in the asphalt.

I asked to understand if the physics of the car or tires could upset me to remain competitive with the F430.

I did quick tests and seem good, but I still haven't managed to do races and understand well on wear etc.

Then if there is someone who knows how to give me other useful tips to solve the problem without upsetting physics as well!

Thank you!

As long as the "Radius=" line in the tire file is the same as the one in that car's original file you will have the proper size tire but with the characteristics of the new tire.

FWIW virtually every tire in the sim is based on "best guess for required performance" standards. Manufacturers do not release the type of technical data necessary to accurately model tires (proprietary data, "trade secrets", etc.), and what is released is virtually useless unless you know how they tested the parameters ...which can vary greatly among different manufacturers.

So feel free to edit the basic data - grip, wear, heat - to get what you want. The other parameters are more complicated because they often interact and there is little reliable data on how or sometimes even what exactly a particular value does. But real world physics do apply, so more grip and/or more heat will create more wear.

You may find this interesting:

Attachments

• _Tires in race simulations 20120209.pdf
    596.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Thanks again for your useful advice, you know it is the first time I put your hand on a TYR file.

The model of the 997 endurance has only one type of rubber, instead I wanted to put both the Michelin and the Pirelli and the right compromise I found it with the tires of the MOD GT 2008 (they are well done for that season).

The tires therefore did not want to upset them also because it is the same type that the F430 and the other GT2 use. So I didn't want to upset the TYR file because I wanted to maintain a balance between the tires throughout the GT2 class as it was originally for the Mod.

The only problem as I have already written previously was the radius of the wheels, precisely only for the 997. For the moment, in a quick test, the only difference that I found for the moment concerns the car that is slightly faster in the fastest or medium fast circuits.
On heating and duration I still have difficulty understanding.

Thank you!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Forum trophies