• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Two on/off switches to USB

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Jan Roman, May 7, 2012.

1. Jan Roman

Jan Roman

Ratings:
    +22
    Hello,

I am no electrician so I know almost nothing about this, so I'd like to ask you for your help. I am building my own sequential shifter and I'd like to connect it to my PC via a USB cable. I will probably use two simple "press switches" or on/off switches. One for upshifting and one for downshifting.

Are these switches the best for the shifter or is there a better way of registering up and downshifting? If there'S not, how do I connect pins so that it'll be properly connected to the PC?

Thank you.

Very much like this one: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...-shifter-project-for-fanatec-gt3-wheel.47504/

2. Jeremy Loveland

Jeremy Loveland

Ratings:
    +1
    Ull need a bit of circut to transfer signal through the USB.
    Easiest way to make this happen is to buy a cheap usb controller or something simular and rewire the buttons in the controller to the microswitches / buttons ur using in ur shifter.
    well thats what i would do, or you could get a usb button box controller from leobodnar or symprojects that would do the same thing.
    hope that helps.