Tulsa Expo Raceway Coming to iRacing in 2018

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Chilli Bowl Confirmed  2.jpg

Tulsa Expo Raceway, the home of the renowned Lucas Oil Chilli Bowl Nationals has been confirmed as under development for the iRacing online simulation.

With a focus very much on the loose surface side of racing in recent months, iRacing.com have recently confirmed that work is underway by the American development team to bring a laser scanned version of the Tulsa Expo Raceway dirt oval to the simulation this year, with the developers actively collecting data ahead of a proposed 2018 release to the iRacing title.

On the latest announcement iRacing Executive Vice-President Steve Myers confirmed the circuit will be added following a high level of requests from the often vocal iRacing community:

“Just last month we released Christopher Bell’s dirt Midget to iRacing members and they have been asking, no begging, us to add the Chili Bowl". “Obviously this has been in the works for a while now so it was hard to not tell them it was coming. I know they will be as excited about this announcement as I am.”

“It really says something when iRacing goes to a NASCAR weekend and is asked over and over when the Chili Bowl is going to be added. We don’t go a day it seems without someone asking or mentioning the Chili Bowl being added to iRacing on our Social Media channels so for us to finally be able to make this announcement, we just have to say thank you to everyone who made the Chili Bowl a top request," added Bryan Hulbert, Chili Bowl publicist. “It’s very impressive what iRacing has created, and we’re excited to be involved.”
Not sure what to expect from the new content? Check out this 2016 on-board footage from Christopher Bell to get an impression of what players can expect to find in iRacing this summer:
iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

iRacing Chilli Bowl Confirmed .jpg

Looking forward to more dirt oval content in iRacing? Do you like the sound of the new venue do to arrive this coming summer? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I love iRacing. I truly do, but the issue is the cost. They expect SO much from us for SO little. Not worth it in my opinion, but when I did have - I enjoyed it more than any other sim for sure.

I agree, it is quite a cost but with the other sims not delivering a proper online system, iRacing is the only option if you want good racing. The community is also pretty cool when you have joined.

Yeah I have tried to go back to other sims to get a similar experience, it either doesn't meet my schedule or sometimes my expectations. Eventually I have found my way back to iRacing and always felt satisfied with the experience. Of course its not perfect and wish the BOP was fixed for the BSS series but, I still greatly enjoy the huge competition.

I don't truly care for dirt ovals. It's development is carrying accross to the road stuff though which can only be a good thing.

IRacing isn't expensive, no dearer than any other hobby. Compared to other titles? Sure, but how many are still going since iracings inception?

I don't truly care for dirt ovals. It's development is carrying accross to the road stuff though which can only be a good thing.

IRacing isn't expensive, no dearer than any other hobby. Compared to other titles? Sure, but how many are still going since iracings inception?
Technically even though I am on and off, I have been going since 2008, still amazing how far it has come.

so, this place is roofed? looking forward to the first advert-videos, wonder how they will manage to get the indoor lighting. personally, i'd rather hear a bit more about their lmp1s, hope those will be out before the real world lemans in summer.
I have a feeling it will be a similar release date to the GTEs last year, so close to the event that learning the car will be a pain

I have a feeling it will be a similar release date to the GTEs last year, so close to the event that learning the car will be a pain
Yeah, if their anything like the Mclaren F1 car, it’s gonna be a pain and the driving style will different than anything else, coasting and brake dragging. I started using the VRS school that’s available, very helpful to get data comparisons and setups.

I love iRacing. I truly do, but the issue is the cost. They expect SO much from us for SO little. Not worth it in my opinion, but when I did have - I enjoyed it more than any other sim for sure.

It's worth every cent for me. Just gotta look at it from an open-minded view. Ran everything - road and oval. Asphalt and dirt. Sports cars, open wheelers. It's really the only sim that I can take seriously with the weekly format, preparing for races, and the forums are fun too :p.

I don't race the popular stuff on iRacing, but the smaller communities are really tight and helpful. I enjoyed myself 95% of the time on iRacing in my 3+ years.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.