Tuesday 6th October 2009 - Rally Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this result was a shock, I expected to not be on the podium this time. Looks like another lucky one. It may look like a victory for Mr Plod (just driving safe and steady) but it was far from that, it was just that I was able to recover from my crashes and finish.
Things looked grim for the night when I ploughed straight ahead into the scrub at the first turn of Stage 1, resulting in needing a helping hand to find the track, then restart the car and plough on with it stuck in 2nd gear. I later had a few pretty fast stages going and managed to bounce of bumps and roll it just before the end of the stages.
The Focus seemed pretty quick, but kept biting me with violent oversteer at the worst times. I had to just breath on the handbrake.

Well done to Adam (very unlucky) and Cam for the podium.

This was a very enjoyable Rally though, quite interesting and demanding (even without foul weather). Thanks Andrew for another well planned event.

Thanks to Cam, Glen and Andrew for the TS fun again, and watch out for Cam on top of the podium soon, he was very quick most of the night but unfortunately had a couple of unlucky retirements.

• Bert Van Waes

This rally was pretty much awesome for the first 5 stages. I had great runs and all the crashes i had then were all luckily solved by their own momentum.

It was extremely close between Adam and me, again. :)

And then i just lost it, and kept on losing it. I don't know what happend but i really lost it. Very strange. Could be i was too tired at the end to focus 100%.
Because 2 of those retirements were because i simply couldn't get the co driver's orders in the head wright.

But man, that rally was awesome. I love tiny gravel roads. :good:

Grats to Warren! and the rest of the podium. Andrew mate, keep the originality flowing. it's going well, thanks for that!

• Bert Van Waes

Stage 4, not my best one but the one i loved the most, came 7 seconds short of Adam on this one i think. i wonder without the ofroaders in it how the outcome would have been. :D

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back