Tucuru Motorplex

Tracks Tucuru Motorplex 0.9.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
doublezero submitted a new resource:

Tucuru Motorplex - Fictional FIA Grade 3 track made in 3ds Max.

View attachment 540323
FIA Grade: 3
Length: 5.69km/3.53mi
Width: 10-13m/33-43ft
Elevation change: 36m/118ft

Features:
9 Layouts (Including Rallycross and Kart track)
28 grid/pit spots (12 for rallycross, 40 for Kart track)
Separate road mesh
Dynamic racing groove
Working AI + hints
Working start lights
Custom track map
TV cameras - Multiple sets for most layouts
Less trackside objects in private sessions
KSLAYERS - less objects at lower details...

Read more about this resource...

@junkersDDT Nah i dont really mean plop it with 1000 more assets, those things (mostly the texture tweaks and overlays/mat additions) are not that heavy/expensive to be noticeable, tbh the most amount of resources being lost there are the hours spent to make them look right.
Again, great work!

@twobegreen I knew I missed something!

@AlB_3010 I'm sure it is possible, but all my tracks use many Kunos assets and textures that may have to be replaced.

@KittX I know all my tracks are missing general wear and tear. I just don't know how to do it. I'm not good at editing textures and how to add small details without texture repetition. I also wanted to add utility poles, radio tower, campsite, but had to stop myself, otherwise it would have never got finished.
BTW, I remember your rF1 tracks, I used to race a lot at Karelia Cross and Bryce Canyon.

Hey, I found a bug. :O_o:

bug.jpg

@SimoneMX950 On which layout is the AI broken? Is it the same with every car/mod? On my end, the AI behaves exactly the same as on my other tracks.

@homecalendar There are less high poly props (vehicles, marshals etc.) when world detail is set to medium or below. Those props are only visible during race weekend, if there are 10 or more cars on track.
And for night lighting to work you need CSP and Sol.

@SimoneMX950 On which layout is the AI broken? Is it the same with every car/mod? On my end, the AI behaves exactly the same as on my other tracks.

@homecalendar There are less high poly props (vehicles, marshals etc.) when world detail is set to medium or below. Those props are only visible during race weekend, if there are 10 or more cars on track.
And for night lighting to work you need CSP and Sol.

It happened in both the Long layouts and the North one.
Just now I tried a new clean installation by unzipping the files and not via dropping the file directly into CM and it seems to work way better, the AI opponents now have a more predictable behavior and are faster than before (tested with Pessio's EuroNASCAR and RSS Formula 4). I think the problem is at least partially solved, so long as the AI aggression is decreased consistently (max 55/60%). I don't know if something got lost when I tried the direct installation via CM. I will do some further testing with other cars in the future in order to confirm this statement.

I still have a suggestion regarding track limits, from what I've seen so far:
- Long A/B layouts: especially when battling in the first lap, the AI cars tend to hit the barriers in the sector before the right hairpin in the initial part of the course, like scraping the guardrail or straight up hitting him during side by side action, causing a massive pileup in certain cases. Also they tend to overshoot the chicane immediately after the hairpin (T7-T8), again while battling for position.
- All the layouts: in the double left hander, right after the kart starting grid, AI tend to go wide on the tarmac runoff on the outside and then "rejoin" the course, smashing into the opponent on the inside, again causing some weird collisions.

I will test furthermore, and if it happens regardless of the cars I will try to trace new more "linear" and restrictive lateral boundaries to fix it.
Once tested and "approved", I can send you the new sideline files if you want.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
I agree that some parts can be improved, but first lap will always be more chaotic. This is probably the last time I make a track with so many layouts. It is impossible to test them all in different cars.

This is probably the last time I make a track with so many layouts. It is impossible to test them all in different cars.
Hope that doesn't rule out the possibility of bonus kart tracks tucked away in future circuits - finally got around to chucking the MAD Formula cars about Tucuru and it's been a right blast.

Great track for slightly slower cars especially. Out of interest how is the 3d track map generated. Tried to find a tool for that for ages...

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 85 90.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 30.9%