Trying to plan Summer Sale purchase (and failing)

Hi all.

As we're very close to (Steam) Summer Sales time I'm trying to plan out purchases which are all DLCs / Pack based. I'm weighing up extra content for AMS2, Raceroom & rFactor 2 but the latter 2 in particular are not easy to work out the most cost effective & worthwhile upgrades.

AMS2 is my first priority and I don't have any DLC so I think I'd be best just getting their Season Pass (as I'm after every car & track).

Raceroom I have about two thirds of the tracks and very few cars - I haven't been able to work out yet if I should get their Premium Pack (get everything) as only about 4 unowned tracks interest me and a lot of the cars look very similar to each other. Plus I don't know if this title is best for a particular type of car / series or it's a good all-rounder.

rFactor 2 I only have base game and don't even play that hardly at all, but I'm considering giving it a proper go as I've heard that it can pull off some really great racing. This is even more confusing than Raceroom though as I believe their bundles normally aren't discounted and there's a lot of extra content to assess. No disrespect to modders but I'm only really interested in official / endorsed content just to ensure "professional" quality and consistency of experience.

So could anyone possibly shed a little light on which content is deemed essential / must haves, and the best way to obtain them please? I was just going to get AMS2 Season Pass but upon further thought I don't want to miss out on extra content for Raceroom & rFactor 2 while a big sale is around, as long as they're worth it and are priced reasonably.

FYI I'm into racing anything apart from ovals, I mainly like GT3 or open wheelers at same performance level (I'm too old to be bothered with extreme speeds). I only do offline AI racing but might delve into online if that's well supported in these titles. I might even consider iRacing for a change from my unsocial ways, if that's not too expensive either. I already have full / complete versions of AC, ACC, Dirt Rally 2 & PC2. I'm often ok with owning a small few cars as long as they're good and I have a good selection of tracks, but I'm trying to branch out / expand variety if the content is fun.

Any thoughts most appreciated & many thanks in advance.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.