Tripple screen with GTR2 Help needed.

My recent discovery that Crewchief now includes a bunch of GTR2 enhancements and the Anniversary patch has been updated a LOT has motivated me to start playing again. Yes, I am relatively slow and foolish, and I didn't notice what has happened over the last several months.

So this brings me to an age-old problem I have had for years and never could solve. Because I am poor (I have a Family) and still have an RX580 for a video card, I can't, for love or money, find a way to run GTR2 on a Tripple screen setup.

AMD Eyefinity is very unstable, It will work occasionally, but often it will disable video ports, retrieve the incorrect screen layout from windows, or crash. So that is not an option for me. My old RX580 probably caused it.

SoftTH works well in other games like Rfactor and AMS, and I have spent many hours learning how to get a well-corrected image with border adjustments. However, I have never been able to make it work with any Simbin games. It produces the dreaded "Not enough video memory. You need at least 32Mb" problem.
Using an old version of SoftTH will load up ok, but the screen layout is defined differently, and I haven't learned how to do it yet.
This brings me to the next headache, Crew chief uses the D3D9.dll file, And SoftTH uses this too. So I'm still stuck.

For now, I am trying to find an old GTX1080 or similar for cheap in the hopes that Nvidia drivers work much better.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I could try?

EDIT: Sorry read your post again properly this time. HQ anniversary addition has a built-in 4gb patch and crew chief has memory optimizations. You can play GTR2 in windowed mode and there are borderless settings. But you need to see the 5780x1080 (or whatever rez your triples are) resolution in the gtr2 video config'. Yeah, the d3d9.dll problem - put crew chief file in and have a look at windowed/borderless settings instead of SoftTH. And ignore below but I'll leave it there for you in-case you get further.

Works for me on my triples - not as good as a dedicated 3 way render but heck of a better than the other sims that do it the same way, they look really stretched on side monitors GTR2 not as bad. I'm on nvidia on my triples are am always to set to surround so I guess that is the same way for you. If you check the video config file in GTR2 the resolution you need should be in the list like mine which would be 5780x1080 and should be windowed mode

Once found and done you may need to do the camera across the board for each car - when it comes to triples I have no doubt you may be able to get a one fit all camera setting. But for triples I really would increase the radius setting if you don't do anything else.

From above link "1. First, I changed the default radius setting in defviews from 0.26 to 0.66. (I suppose you could go higher but I wouldn't)"

Also, in the crew chief config' file - set triple ui squeeze to 0.30000 that will make the UI better for triples but this setting only for ui.

Last edited:
So finally I find myself back at this problem. After a long wait, I finally have a 3060 video card and a rig with a much better triple-screen setup. I just spent a day getting the settings for Assetto Corsa working and now find myself wanting to get Race07 and GTR2 working.

I have learned that adding a custom resolution to the Nvidia control panel and adjusting the position of the screens, allows the image to be aligned perfectly, and I got Assetto Corsa working without using surround. I also have learned that in the Race07 Config.ini file, there is a line "Video Mode" which refers to a specific Resolution and frequency as listed in the video driver settings. Rather than using the games Config.exe a resolution can be forced.

So now I am guessing that with a custom resolution, forcing the video mode in config.ini, and using the Reshade multiview app I may if I'm lucky be able to get this working to a better standard than the usual Surround option.
PXL_20231119_171703739.jpg

Triple Screen GTR2 user: I didn't find the reshade multiview much help tbh - whatever I did didn't overall improve it. Triple Screen in GTR2 is not to bad - I changed the radius setting a bit and that improved it, a small bit... but it's okay. It's nowhere near Forza bad for example where cars look like spaghetti stretched on the side monitors - GTR2 is pretty good like that.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.