Track Designing Competition

@Jimlaad43 Your choice, but it should be approximately 1 week or a bit over. I think that's a good length, gives people plenty of time to see the thread, read the challenge, think about it, design the track at their own leisure, etc. without being too long.

@Jimlaad43 Your choice, but it should be approximately 1 week or a bit over. I think that's a good length, gives people plenty of time to see the thread, read the challenge, think about it, design the track at their own leisure, etc. without being too long.
Do I have to judge it too, and can I enter one I started?

Do I have to judge it too, and can I enter one I started?

No, I do not think you can enter one for this. Look at it like this: The person who starts it must decide the winner and the winner starts the next one. In that system, if the starter can enter, then they could select their own and we would be stuck in a never ending cycle. :roflmao:

And just so we are clear, I do not think you would do anything bad like that. I am just saying it could happen. Also, why not make one? Not as an entrant, but for the fun of it. I always like to see other people's designs. :)

@Jimlaad43 as Nelson said, the winner of one competition runs the next one. So you set a deadline, and you decide the winner. You can make your own if you want, but can't select yourself as the winner. Maybe you could say "this is what I would've done" when you make your post announcing the winner.

In a nut shell:

1. You set the challenge so you set the deadline
2. You choose the winner soon after that deadline, and then they do the next challenge.

P.S. I'll be posting my entry shortly.

Here's mine: www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6219287

I've designed it to - as many have - try and keep the classic feel of Suzuka.

I decided to keep the first sector almost exactly the same, only making the first 2 corners of the Esses ever so slightly faster. I then replaced the Degner curves with a hairpin for overtaking, followed by the new Degner curves (designed to be more or less the same as the old ones, just in a different spot). This leads to a not-straight, with fast, flat out, flowing curves, followed by a new Spoon corner. This leads to a long straight, with a moved and reprofiled 130R at the end, followed by the newly repositioned final chicane, which has been pushed back as much as possible to promote overtaking. Also, the pit lane remains the same.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 53 27.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 12 6.3%