1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

track completed some ppl gettin error

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by dmc67, Mar 12, 2010.

1. ok I have a trk completed and some ppl are getting an error, 2 ppl actually are getting it, and it says cant load horizon.gmt to memory or sumthing like that. I know 1 guy is runnin vista and so am I he is getting an error and it works fine for me. I have the sky.mas and I made a mas file with the dds and gmt files.

any help at all would be appreciated we are plannin on runnin these trks in a league.

Thank You
  2. Sounds like the SCN file isn't referencing something.

Look at the SCN file and make sure you have written it properly.

If that's setup correctly and it doesn't work for 1 or 2 people, I have no idea.

About the MAS files, usually people do all the textures in "trackname.mas" and then all of the textures in a seperate MAS called "tracknamemap.mas" - that's how ISI did it.

Means if you want to update anything in the future you only have to update 1 mas file, instead of all of it.

Somehow along the way some people decided to reverse the consensus and start using "tracknamemap.mas" for GMT's and "trackname.mas" for textures.

I have no idea why.
  3. I'm not sure but I have a feeling this error is a clash between a couple of tracks.
    I would try a fresh install of rfactor to a new folder & load that one track that errors & see if the problem persists.
  4. what exactly is the Horizon.gmt for anyways? I started going threw other track files for other tracks I got I see a bunch of tracks I got dont even use a horizon.gmt not in the .scn file or the sky.mas.

5. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Imagine it as a huge circular treewall that surrounds your track, but instead of trees it can be hills, mountains...or anything else on the horizon, hence horizon.gmt
  6. It is probably related to Your texture sizes

If the 2 ppl are using an ATI card, there are some issues with big or non dds textures
    -Resize the textures to 1024 max if they are bigger, and check if You have any non-standard formats in Your pack
    (must be DDS and multiple of 2)

The background image used for blending is usually in a non standard format...

Good Luck!
  7. Here are some screens of them. 2 separate objects, horizon and sky.

Shouldn't the .scn file also have [MASFILE=sky.mas]?

Attached Files:

8. thanks guys, but the only way i could get it too work for the 2 ppl is take out everything to do with the horizon.gmt and mas in the scn file. and it worked no problem at all