1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

track completed some ppl gettin error

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by dmc67, Mar 12, 2010.

1. dmc67

dmc67

Ratings:
    +0
    ok I have a trk completed and some ppl are getting an error, 2 ppl actually are getting it, and it says cant load horizon.gmt to memory or sumthing like that. I know 1 guy is runnin vista and so am I he is getting an error and it works fine for me. I have the sky.mas and I made a mas file with the dds and gmt files.

any help at all would be appreciated we are plannin on runnin these trks in a league.

Thank You

2. doser

doser

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the SCN file isn't referencing something.

Look at the SCN file and make sure you have written it properly.

SearchPath=YourTrack

MASFile=commonmaps.mas
    MASFile=yourtrack.mas
    MASFile=yourtrackmap.mas

If that's setup correctly and it doesn't work for 1 or 2 people, I have no idea.

/

About the MAS files, usually people do all the textures in "trackname.mas" and then all of the textures in a seperate MAS called "tracknamemap.mas" - that's how ISI did it.

Means if you want to update anything in the future you only have to update 1 mas file, instead of all of it.

Somehow along the way some people decided to reverse the consensus and start using "tracknamemap.mas" for GMT's and "trackname.mas" for textures.

I have no idea why.

3. Eric Tozer

Eric Tozer

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not sure but I have a feeling this error is a clash between a couple of tracks.
    I would try a fresh install of rfactor to a new folder & load that one track that errors & see if the problem persists.

4. dmc67

dmc67

Ratings:
    +0
    what exactly is the Horizon.gmt for anyways? I started going threw other track files for other tracks I got I see a bunch of tracks I got dont even use a horizon.gmt not in the .scn file or the sky.mas.

Thanks

5. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Ratings:
    +13
    Imagine it as a huge circular treewall that surrounds your track, but instead of trees it can be hills, mountains...or anything else on the horizon, hence horizon.gmt

6. gstaraz

gstaraz

Ratings:
    +0
    It is probably related to Your texture sizes

If the 2 ppl are using an ATI card, there are some issues with big or non dds textures
    -Resize the textures to 1024 max if they are bigger, and check if You have any non-standard formats in Your pack
    (must be DDS and multiple of 2)

ps.
    The background image used for blending is usually in a non standard format...

Good Luck!
    Gianni.

7. mianiak

mianiak

Ratings:
    +16
    Here are some screens of them. 2 separate objects, horizon and sky.

Shouldn't the .scn file also have [MASFILE=sky.mas]?

Attached Files:

8. dmc67

dmc67

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys, but the only way i could get it too work for the 2 ppl is take out everything to do with the horizon.gmt and mas in the scn file. and it worked no problem at all