1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Top Down Racer Apex Racing League Announced

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Apex Racing League 5.png
    Eagle Nest Interactive have today announced Apex Racing League, an upcoming top down PC racing title that will shortly begin a Kickstarter campaign aimed at gauging interest in the title and funding further expansion and development of this fun looking arcade racer.

RaceDepartment member @sidewinder26 and his brother formed Eagle Nest Interactive and have been developing Apex Racing League for many months now, having reached the point where further funding is required in order to bring the title to its maximum potential. Designed to be played with a keyboard or a gamepad, the game promises to have engaging car dynamics based on real physics and launch with eight different classes of racing playable on a variety of different track surfaces. The game will include a single player mode and online multiplayer, and unlike many racing games on the market today, day-night transitions!

Based out of Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada, Eagle Nest Interactive are a two man team consisting of brothers Alberto and Carlos Mastretta. With backgrounds in mobile gaming and automotive design, the two brothers are embarking on a first racing title utilising experiences gained from their high level RC racing pedigree, aiming to "reflect the flow and intensity" of their popular hobby.

Motor racing and cars are nothing new to the Mastretta brothers, with their grandfather becoming the first person to introduce the FIAT brand to Mexico and later going on to write motor racing articles for Auto Italiana magazine during the 1950's and 60's, attending engineering class with Enzo Ferrari no less!!!

In later years Alberto and Carlos' father and uncle engineered and built the Mastretta MXT, a track-focused, street legal sportscar designed by Daniel. A low volume run of cars was produced and sold, which effectively made the MXT the first passenger car designed and produced in Mexico

With Eagle Nest Interactive now actively designing and developing a new racing title, Carlos and Alberto will look to continue the long family tradition of road and racing car success, this time with a digital take on the automotive scene.

Apex Racing League - Announcement Trailer | PC

Gameplay Video - Trophy Trucks

Gameplay Video - 2-Player

Apex Racing League will begin a Kickstarter campaign on Tuesday 25th October.

Apex Racing League 1.png Apex Racing League 2.png Apex Racing League 3.png Apex Racing League 4.png Apex Racing League 6.png Apex Racing League 7.png Apex Racing League 8.png Apex Racing League 9.png Apex Racing League 10.png

Do you like the sound of this new game? Will you be supporting the KickStarter campaign? Does this kind of title interest you? Have your say in the comments section below!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  2. I love this kind of games. Rock N' Roll Racing was a huge part of my childhood. Backing on the spot. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick
    RDTCC S9 Champion Premium Member

Generally 2... is that you?

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Uhh.... isn't Apex Racing League a name of one of the bigger leagues out there already? Not that it matters though.

Looks pretty fun!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  5. That just looks like epic fun and good times. That'll be an instant buy for me. Jeez, I wish it was available right now.
    Oh heck yes. Rock n' Roll Racing was just awesome fun. Sliding through corners whilst listening to Highway Star... "OLAF GETS HAMMERED!" :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. The track in that 2-player gameplay video looks like a smaller version of Laguna Seca.:D Nice idea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

I am interested. Maybe time to support a new Kickstarter title. Depends on the price for me.

8. Ah man I'd love a GeneRally 2. I'll back this!

9. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Looks like a rip off of Mini Motor Racing, to be honest. Even the art style is similar.
    [​IMG]

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I did enjoy MMR quite a lot. I won't use kickstarter but I'll check it out if it releases.

10. k_badam

k_badam
    Premium Member

Love the this game's graphics and art style, they look great! Not sure about the idea though, never really liked top-down racers

11. Looks fun! Flashback to those old school games and games like Micro machines. :) Looked like those redneck machines that go round and round on dirt needed less grip though. Shouldnt they power slide through the whole corner?

12. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

Looks like fun

13. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Why have the videos disappeared? :O_o:

14. Helmut Skrdla

Helmut Skrdla
    Premium Member

Looks fun. Huge Grin for "Masculin" instead of "Michelin".

Afraid though this is going to be on Steam and not DRM-free?

15. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium Member

I think they re-uploaded them, possibly modified. Anyways, you can find the here on their YouTube

16. sidewinder26

sidewinder26
    Premium Member

My mistake completely, sorry. I removed them to upload better quality ones, here they are:

We'll upload some sprint car action shortly as well.

Thanks a lot for the comments!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  17. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Fixed :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. AussieDucker

AussieDucker
    Premium Member

Anyone remember Mini Racing Online? I used to play the **** out of that game. Shame the AI was non-existent.

19. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

This has my interest, both the game and the technical side of it.

20. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

The physics were piss poor tho...