Todays McLaren 650s update

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
I absolutely loved the McLaren when it was released - felt perfect, perfect FFB, great handling.
Todays update somehow wreaked havoc with how the car works.

The force feedback feels horrible now. Under breaking it will rip the steering wheel out of your hand, twisting left and right. In corners the steering feels numb.
There is just no way I can keep the car in the road like this.

Is there anything I could check to bring this car back to the perfect FFB like it used to be? It is completely undrivable for me now :-(

The FFB wasn't changed it was just another tweak to the draft:
- Further draft improvements

Feels the same for me so perhaps something's gone amiss your end, uninstall and reinstall the mod to see if that helps.

Feels the same for me so perhaps something's gone amiss your end, uninstall and reinstall the mod to see if that helps.
Yep there was nothing but a draft change. The FFB feels same as ever for me. Have you changed FFB settings or filtering recently?
Hi guys, how does it compare to the mods of AM3 (ie. 12C GT3) and the GT World Series? Sorry for bit OT.

I absolutely loved the McLaren when it was released - felt perfect, perfect FFB, great handling.
Todays update somehow wreaked havoc with how the car works.

The force feedback feels horrible now. Under breaking it will rip the steering wheel out of your hand, twisting left and right. In corners the steering feels numb.
There is just no way I can keep the car in the road like this.

Is there anything I could check to bring this car back to the perfect FFB like it used to be? It is completely undrivable for me now :-(

New version means any car-specific FFB you set is gone. You have to adjust that again.

Thanks for the feedback.
Would you have any pointers which adjustments within rFactor 2 could influence FFB?

So far I only see:

- general control device setting (find Fanatec CSW v2 device and assign profile)
- car specific FFB strength setting
- FFB smoothing (I have never touched this and left it on stock value 4 ever since installing)
- min FFB (same, never adjusted it, still at 0.5% stock)
- Fanatec wheel settings (never adjusted them and using identical settings as with my Assetto Corsa setup:
FFB 100
SHO 100
ABS 100
LIN OFF
DRI 003
FOR 70 - 80
SPR OFF
DPR 50)

I do not remember to have had set anything FFB or control related between the last use and after the McLaren 650s GT3 update today.

I have fiddled substantially with the Player.json file in order to find a good performance vs eye candy balance.
I may have made a mistake in that file.

I also installed several mods after using the GT3 cars (several F1 ASR mods from the RD download section) but wouldn't expect the installation of those mod cars to have any influence on the FFB settings or car specific FFB settings.

I have not knowingly changed any FFB settings on the Fanatec or hard ware side and this mornings RD club race with Assetto Corsa didn't show any issues. It should be isolated to rFactor 2.

I am puzzled :-(

Yep there was nothing but a draft change. The FFB feels same as ever for me. Have you changed FFB settings or filtering recently?
Please see the details above.
I do not see anything. It must be something I completely overlooked.

What would be the best procedure to revert completely to all stock FFB and what would be the best clean practice to adjust recommended settings for Fanatec wheels - any guides available directly from ISI or studio 597 ?
I am only familiar with the recommended settings for Assetto Corsa and am pretty new to rFactor 2 :-(

New version means any car-specific FFB you set is gone. You have to adjust that again.
I never adjusted the car specific FFB value away from 1.00 in the options menu or in the controller setup in the pitlane (do I understand it correctly that this is also just a FFB strength multiplier, similar to the FFB multiplier in Assetto Corsa to each individual car?).

I would love to get this fixed, as I am very enthusiastic and positive about the possibilities with rFactor 2 with the upcoming GT3 content and the features rF2 offers.
I had the FFB perfectly set up and feeling just right.

The issue now really is that the FFB kicks the wheel left and right under heavy braking and the general feel through corners is lifeless but feels rough and clipping easily when bumps occur.

have you changed the jason/userdata/player / steering effects strength from 10000 to -10000 as this will cause the wheel to kick when turning the wheel and give you no ffb... dd wheels use -10000 but i am sure fanatec use 10000 ...just a thought ;)

• Deleted member 130869

@Dirk Steffen

FFB 100
SHO 100 (I think mine's 0 but can't recall)
ABS 100 (I use 90)
LIN OFF
DRI 0FF
FOR (don't know this one)
SPR OFF
DPR OFF

Try these. If you have issues with self-centering, then try enabling damper.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%