To 900 or not to 900?

Hi,

i have Logitech Momo with 270 degree rotation and have big problems with setting it up in Projectcars2 and AC.
Most cars feel completely unnatural in corners - they won’t turn, so I turn the wheel more, to much. This is even more problematic in chicanes. It is hard to change direction both quickly and accurately.
On the other hand some cars can turn very much, in quick corners. I can change direction in very strange way, completely unlike rl.

Is it really necessary to go for a wheel with 900 deg. ? Will it help in this situation really, is this the cause of the problem?
I know that 900 deg. wheel is generally better and more realistic and I will go for it eventually but would like to know if it will solve the above problem.

I tried different settings it helped some, but I managed real improvement only in Merc C9 in PC2.

As I said I heve the problem in PC2 and AC.
R3E and GTR2 are perfectly fine, why could it be?

I will go for 900 as said before but it would be big disappointment if it won’t help.

Thank you for any help.

Have you tried playing with the steerlock in the setups?

And yes, 900 degrees will help if you set a higher steerlock. Gives you also way more room to catch slides and control drifts.

270 degrees was enough in the good old days but modern higher rotation wheels do the job much better. Personally I think 540 is more than enough though. But it's cool to have extra rotation left when you need it.

Upvote 0
Steerlock and steer sensitivety are the two settings you want to fiddle with. Your turning issues also sound more like you have massive deadzone in the middle or massive unlinearity. Just like with brakes and gas linear with minimal deadzone is always the best. But with just 270deg available you may not hit the sweetspot between having enough steer lock to get out of the tightest pit stalls and getting the car turned around after a spin and making the wheel not overly sensitive.

Upvote 0
Ok, thank you.
I had steer lock in wheel setup in PC2 set on ca 300, and changed it to under 500.
It helped, I also have the steer setup in car setups set as low as possible, mostly 6,5 to 7,5 to 1 thanks to help of RD user sometime ago, this was massive change.

But I wonder what Raceroom and co. does much better with my Momo by default, it is ok there.
I will try to copy the settings, maybe this will help also.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
PC2 also has a profile for Momo.

Anyway, I bought a Logitech DGFT meanwhile just to try the 900 before I buy any better wheel.
So far it is hard to set up to my liking as well. 900 degs setting feels not too good so far.

But there are so many factors that make the change - steering lock, speed sensivity, lock in car setup and more so I find it pretty hard to hit the sweet spot.

But just for now I found in Yt that there is some "magic" formula in PC2 to set up the steering range.
It is valid for all 900 deg wheels.

From 3 minute.

To get 540 for example you need to subtract this from 900 and then add 900 so:

900 - 540 = 360.
360 + 900 = 1260.

Is it right? That way only if you set it 900 you get 900. Otherwise you have to calculate as aboove.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea