• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tire Wear--CART Extreme Mod

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by MANashTTU, Aug 8, 2017.

1. MANashTTU

MANashTTU

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello all.
    I have been enjoying the CART Extreme mod very much. I have noticed that on longer races, such as at Road America, the AI does not seem to suffer nearly as much tire wear as I do. They actually get faster as the run goes on, while I am losing grip.

I also found that there is no TireManagement entry in the Talent file for each CART driver. I added those and experimented, but no matter the entry, it seems to have no effect.

There is indeed some tire wear modeled; if I turn tire wear off entirely, they do get even faster (as do I).

Does anyone know a method to tweak the tire wear values for the mod to relate more closely to how the player tires wear?

Thank you.
    Alan

2. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
  3. MANashTTU

MANashTTU

Ratings:
    +1
    Ahh . . . Thank you for the guidance, BoogerMac. I guess it may be best to run like F1 and shoot for hot out laps leading up to a pit stop. Muscling a car on greasy tires at the end of a fuel run is part of the intensity of a long race.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  4. Marco Dakic

Marco Dakic

Ratings:
    +4
    For the Official Classes i dont have any problem with Tyre Wear, seems great realistic.

Its not the Game's fault that on a Mod it don't work perfectly.
    Maybe the modder of the Mod should give it a look to improve it

• Love Love x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +146
    Tire wear on the AI Reiza cars included in the game works as expected.

6. MANashTTU

MANashTTU

Ratings:
    +1
    Fair enough. Certainly didn't mean to fault developers for a limitation of a mod . . . . an amazing mod at that. Edited my comment.