• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Tire Wear--CART Extreme Mod

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by MANashTTU, Aug 8, 2017.

1. MANashTTU

MANashTTU

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello all.
    I have been enjoying the CART Extreme mod very much. I have noticed that on longer races, such as at Road America, the AI does not seem to suffer nearly as much tire wear as I do. They actually get faster as the run goes on, while I am losing grip.

I also found that there is no TireManagement entry in the Talent file for each CART driver. I added those and experimented, but no matter the entry, it seems to have no effect.

There is indeed some tire wear modeled; if I turn tire wear off entirely, they do get even faster (as do I).

Does anyone know a method to tweak the tire wear values for the mod to relate more closely to how the player tires wear?

Thank you.
    Alan

2. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
  3. MANashTTU

MANashTTU

Ratings:
    +1
    Ahh . . . Thank you for the guidance, BoogerMac. I guess it may be best to run like F1 and shoot for hot out laps leading up to a pit stop. Muscling a car on greasy tires at the end of a fuel run is part of the intensity of a long race.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  4. Marco Dakic

Marco Dakic

Ratings:
    +4
    For the Official Classes i dont have any problem with Tyre Wear, seems great realistic.

Its not the Game's fault that on a Mod it don't work perfectly.
    Maybe the modder of the Mod should give it a look to improve it

• Love Love x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +166
    Tire wear on the AI Reiza cars included in the game works as expected.

6. MANashTTU

MANashTTU

Ratings:
    +1
    Fair enough. Certainly didn't mean to fault developers for a limitation of a mod . . . . an amazing mod at that. Edited my comment.