Tire temp too high

Hi all,
I recently downloaded the eSR Classic Trophy 2014 1.01 mod from esport-racing.de. It's a nice mod, with many classic cars and it's fun. But there is a problem, I've already asked about that at eSR, but I'll post my question here too.
The problem is that the tire temp becomes too high too fast. Literally several seconds after leaving the pits XD shows my tires in dark red. And as early as the second lap I usually get a flat tire. I noticed that all cars have rain tires as default for some reason, but changing to slicks doesn't change anything, same temp problems. Other mods in the same GTR2 install have normal tire temp, so the problem is in the eSR classic trophy mod.
Any idea how to fix that is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rain tires will overheat quickly on a dry track, soft compounds will run hotter than hard compounds. So while you want as soft a compound as possible (for more grip) how soft will vary by track and driving style. And different compounds will require different setups.

When you edit heat parameters for a tire you also should edit the grip, and vice versa, to maintain performance. Lowering the heat of the tire may mean it now does not get warm enough for optimum grip so you should raise the grip slightly to compensate (both heat and grip settings are quite sensitive, often a 0.01-0.05 change in either is noticeable). There is also "GripTempPress=" which controls how grip varies with heat and pressure, but I've not played with it much.

A major problem is we have no hard RL data for tires, and if we did it would further complicate the issue. For example, if you had data for a certain Pirelli tire, how is the grip denoted? Is it a number that could be directly entered into GTR2? (not likely) so you would have to convert that figure into GTR2's proprietary scale. How would you do that accurately? And that would just be one tire, one compound, one year.

In that mod I can't see any other tire options except "slicks" and "rain". There is no choice of soft or hard compound as it is in other mods.
But turns out there is a basic setup that comes with that mod and choosing it solved the overheating issue.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 37 38.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 53 54.6%