• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tire smoke

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Terry Rock, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +344
    I like Assetto Corsa, but I have one minor gripe.
    It's in the form of the amount of tire smoke at race launch...especially during large on-line events.
    It's way too much... and way too dense.
    I don't want it fully removed, just 'toned' down a bit.
    Does anybody currently have a mod to do that?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,599
    Pretty sure you can adjust that in the options already, it's in the graphics settings somewhere.

3. Grand Tourist

Grand Tourist
    Enjoying the beautiful world of GT's Premium

Ratings:
    +1,219
    Yes I always have it at very low. It is still much fps eating, so I adjusted the density of the tyre_smoke.ini file in assettocorsa/system/cfg. Word of advise, make a backup first and its easy to mess this up. There are a few good tyre smoke configs in the modding/misc section.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +310
    If AC had rolling starts...;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +344
    Already at lowest settings there before I posted...
    The only other option is to turn it completely off...which I'd like to avoid.

6. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +344
    What is yours set to?

7. Art-J

Art-J

Ratings:
    +11
    Search for Shred's Smoke Mod, should be available here somewhere. It gives the smoke a proper blueish tint, and reduces its density noticeably. Have been using it for a while and can recommend it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +734
    I don't know much about the tyre_smoke.ini and I like much smoke so I can't tell you the settings you will need. But:
    if you open the ini, the bottom line will be "[Triggers] , "SLIP_LEVEL". Experiment with that setting. Higher = less smoke. There should be a setting which allows smoke when drifting but reduces the smoke on race starts :)
    AFAIK the InGame setting reduces the "grass smoke" too (when you drive through the dirt).
    So put it InGame back to high and the SLIP_LEVEL=0.9 in tyre_smoke.ini (I have 0.6, a 'chinese extreme smoke drift mod' has it on 0.3).

Hope this helps :)

PS: Shred's mod has indeed really nice smoke, too less for me but maybe you like it!