1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Tire smoke

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Terry Rock, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +326
    I like Assetto Corsa, but I have one minor gripe.
    It's in the form of the amount of tire smoke at race launch...especially during large on-line events.
    It's way too much... and way too dense.
    I don't want it fully removed, just 'toned' down a bit.
    Does anybody currently have a mod to do that?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,544
    Pretty sure you can adjust that in the options already, it's in the graphics settings somewhere.

3. Grand Tourist

Grand Tourist
    Enjoying the beautiful world of GT's Premium

Ratings:
    +1,219
    Yes I always have it at very low. It is still much fps eating, so I adjusted the density of the tyre_smoke.ini file in assettocorsa/system/cfg. Word of advise, make a backup first and its easy to mess this up. There are a few good tyre smoke configs in the modding/misc section.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +273
    If AC had rolling starts...;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +326
    Already at lowest settings there before I posted...
    The only other option is to turn it completely off...which I'd like to avoid.

6. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +326
    What is yours set to?

7. Art-J

Art-J

Ratings:
    +6
    Search for Shred's Smoke Mod, should be available here somewhere. It gives the smoke a proper blueish tint, and reduces its density noticeably. Have been using it for a while and can recommend it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Events and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +453
    I don't know much about the tyre_smoke.ini and I like much smoke so I can't tell you the settings you will need. But:
    if you open the ini, the bottom line will be "[Triggers] , "SLIP_LEVEL". Experiment with that setting. Higher = less smoke. There should be a setting which allows smoke when drifting but reduces the smoke on race starts :)
    AFAIK the InGame setting reduces the "grass smoke" too (when you drive through the dirt).
    So put it InGame back to high and the SLIP_LEVEL=0.9 in tyre_smoke.ini (I have 0.6, a 'chinese extreme smoke drift mod' has it on 0.3).

Hope this helps :)

PS: Shred's mod has indeed really nice smoke, too less for me but maybe you like it!