Tips for running rF2

Hello everyone,

I don't think any other sim comes close to the handling and FFB of rF2 and i don't mind the dated graphics and UI. That being said: i've done only 500 hours in rF2 compared to almost 2500 hours in AC because i don't have the time needed for setting up FFB, seating positions, controls etc. for every car i drive. I find rF2 difficult to setup and at some point the game starts doing weird stuff like flickering, fps drops, weird graphics and that is where i usually do a clean install.

Do you guys have tips on how to setup rF2 and make it more easy to jump in and race?

If you online any settings changes need to be saved in single player mode
I thought Seat position, pitch and mirrors are saved by car

Set FFB and controls by car and save profiles for each
FFB and re-mapping buttons is something you must do for all sims and once done save with each car/wheel profile

Are the other bugs you mention consistent across content ?
I think high shadows is still a issue with at least older content

Odd I never remember being able to do this with win key in full screen :O_o:

I ran full screen windowed mode in my room for years so i could restart room to let someone in while driving etc. ie: only because it would not work full screen now it does :O_o:

S397 just released a video discussing the Public Beta UI and I thought I would give it another go as it has been a while for some of the same reasons @HalveSoul mentioned. I have subscribed to all of S397 and ASR content as well as select few for cars and tracks. I like the bare minimum when it comes to HUD and would like any tips for mod that would provide tire wear, fuel, and lap/sector delta. I do have SimDashboard but have kind of been spoiled with OtterHUD for R3E.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.