1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thrustmaster T500 Clamp size?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Lazarou, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Looking at maybe upgrading to one of these bad boys. I have a wheel stand pro 2 stand but have modified it. Can someone do me a favour and check the distance between where the wheel base sits on the desk/stand etc to where the actual clamps sit on a T500. Probably not explained that very well. How far the clamp sits under where it is mounted.

Thanks!

2. Paul, unfortunately my clamp is still in the box in my attic since I never used it but my brother has a T500 using the clamp system. I'll get him to measure it for you in a few hours if no one has responded by then. I do have to ask, do you plan to mount the T500 to the wheel stand pro and if so, why not just use two m6 bolts instead of the clamp? I used m6 bolts on my wheel stand pro v2.

3. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Thanks for the info Blkout, i didnt realise you could use M6 bolts tbh, i currently have a DFGT that is clamped on but i have made a button box/shifter kind of shelf that sits between the wheel base and the stand, so i was hoping to just clamp it on, but i am sure i could adapt my mod to suit. If no one else answers i would appreciate it if you could get those measurements.

4. It´s about 3 cm deep and goes 9 cm in to the furthest point on my desk.
    Not sure if T500RS will feel all that great on such a platform but maybe just me that is overly allergic to flex.

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. The T500 feels just fine on a Wheel Stand Pro. There's almost no flex at all; very sturdy platform. The Wheel Stand Pro is amazingly built. When a T500 can't make it move, its well built.

6. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Thanks for that Mr Oqvist appreciate the info, looks like i would need to do a slight modification. Also i agree with Blkout the wheel stand pro is surprisingly sturdy, once its setup it does not move.