Thrustmaster T3PA pedals deadzones

Hi, i bought used T3PA pedals and all three pedals have the same probem - deadzones at both idle and fully pressed positions.
When i press pedal, it goes about 10-15mm before corresponing axis at the control panel or in game begin to move, and it reaches 100% before 10-15mm of fully pressed position of pedal.
I dissasembled pedals and moved pots' gear wheel for a few cogs in both directions, but this didn't help, it seems to me, that this is the thrustmaster driver adds this artifficial deadzones.
Also tried different drivers and base (t300rs) firmware versions (25-29) with no result. Same problem with stock pedals t300rs.
Can someone check thier pedals for deadzones or give some advice?

Hmm... I just checked again, and looking at the TM control panel, I do appear to have about 4-5mm of movement at the tip of the accelerator pedal before anything registers on-screen. The same with the clutch, but not the brake pedal.

However, if I check using Content Manager for Assetto Corsa, the free movement is only about 2-3mm (brake registers movement immediately). Seems like partly hardware / partly software.

I have never noticed this dead zone in AC, though. If it bothers you that much, I would place a shim between the pedal and the housing. I had already placed a small self-adhesive felt pad there on mine to stop the annoying clunk I used to get when lifting off the accelerator too suddenly. This takes up that initial free movement too.

fCXIcdV.jpg

Upvote 0
Hmm... I just checked again, and looking at the TM control panel, I do appear to have about 4-5mm of movement at the tip of the accelerator pedal before anything registers on-screen. The same with the clutch, but not the brake pedal.

However, if I check using Content Manager for Assetto Corsa, the free movement is only about 2-3mm (brake registers movement immediately). Seems like partly hardware / partly software.

I have never noticed this dead zone in AC, though. If it bothers you that much, I would place a shim between the pedal and the housing. I had already placed a small self-adhesive felt pad there on mine to stop the annoying clunk I used to get when lifting off the accelerator too suddenly. This takes up that initial free movement too.
What is the version of drivers and firmware of your wheelbase? Because it seems to me, that this dead zones are added by drivers after calibration.
I used DXTweak2 tool, and after i connect the wheel to the USB port and press pedal for about 1/3, its registers coordinates changes from the beggining, but after pedal is fully pressed, this dead zones appear. That's why shim won't help in my case.

Upvote 0
I have a tiny, tiny deadzone with my T500RS pedals too, but it never bothered me much.
I can adjust myself pretty well to it.

Upvote 0
A deadzone appeared at full gas on my T3PA std set on the throttle after a month, but this was due to a faulty pot. Wasn't an issue as I had installed a load cell so just took the brake pot and worked perfectly since.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies